Healthy Holiday Gift Guide
I’m amazed at how every year we always seem to feel like the holidays just crept up on us so quickly. As you get older, it gets faster and as you live out a busy year as my husband and I have… it gets even worse!
Settling into our new home in suburban South Carolina has brought up so many wants because I finally have a huge beautiful kitchen and home where I can create pretty much anything! Because of this, I’ve been able to think of a few good gadgets and things that would make great gifts for your health conscious family members in this years healthy holiday gift guide.
- CAST IRON SKILLET : You can’t go wrong with giving any healthy individual a cast iron skillet! Believe it or not, I didn’t have one of these for the longest time and now that I do, I don’t know how I lived without it! You can buy one brand new pre-seasoned OR you can head to your local goodwill or habitat for humanity and get one CHEAP. We always see them there and finally bought a baby one thats good for quick cooking of a side or a protein for only $3! Mike has the job of cleaning it when it gets rusty and uses easy instructions found on the youtube of course….
- MAGNESIUM OIL : Ok, this one is a bit out of the box but it’s super unique and helpful! According to google, 67% of us are magnesium deficient in some way. Magnesium is needed in the body for SO many general body functions. Contrary to popular belief, one of the best ways to get whatcha’ need is absorbed through the skin! Spray a few spritz on your body (arms, stomach, legs or whatever is aching) rub in, and watch the magic happen over time. I originally purchased this because it is good for sleep as it relaxes the muscles and it definitely has helped!
- ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSER : I never wanted to be one of those people who were “in to essential oils”. I’ve always used them for cleaning mostly and then when the craze hit, I stayed away for fear of getting sucked in. While I still have my basics stash, I figured it was a good time for a diffuser since we had a house to put it in. I really love it! I use citrus and herb scents in the kitchen, lavender and calming scents for the bedroom and even have a blend of oils for when our allergies are on attack mode. I think the thing I like best about it is that it brings a sense of peace and calm to the room. I also like the fact that I bought pine scent to make it smell like Christmas!
- VEGGETTI : About 4 years ago, I was pumping out zoodles at work with a hand crank machine that was made of plastic and then cost about $300. While I think the possibilities are endless with a machine like this, I would rather spend that kind of money on another Vitamix. But, as the demand got higher, little gadgets like this started appearing and are currently $10 in bed bath and beyond (or less if you remember your damn coupon… grrr!). Compared to the big league machine, it makes vegetables into noodles just as well and for less cash and way less space! This would be good for anyone starting a diet soon or wanted to get more creative with their vegetables.
- WHOLESALE CLUB MEMBERSHIP : You really can’t go wrong with gifting a wholesale club membership to someone healthy. I personally love to get bulk fruits and veggies, our fancy sparkling water (we switched out our coke zero addiction), snacks for Mike’s lunches AND they have some really cheap and innovative kitchen gadgets, appliances and even cute dishes to take your fancy instagram pictures with.
- HYDRO FLASK : I’m pretty sure this made it to another holiday gift guide that I made on my old blog LOOOONG ago. It’s been about 2.5 years since we bought our original bottles and we still cant get enough. These water bottles are superior and though the knock offs may work just as well, the warranty on these is worth it. I recently had my second bottle lose its vacuum seal so I put in a claim online, sent it back and got sent a brand new one for just the cost of shipping. Not only this, but they save you from having to purchase water bottles, and have even come out with a line of bottles and containers for kids, hot stuff and beyond.
*NOTE: This post contains affiliate links
What gifts do you have your eye on this holiday season?