Prosciutto Frittata is magic. It’s a hearty piece of protein and carbs that can be eaten hot, cold or for breakfast lunch or dinner. Not only that but this prosciutto frittata with sweet potato crust is completely customizable to whatever veggies or meat you have on hand.
And for all my clean eating friends, this Prosciutto Frittatai also paleo and Whole30 compliant!
Prosciutto Fritatta with Sweet Potato Crust
- 1 large Sweet potato
- 3oz Prosciutto (sliced)
- 1 dozen Eggs
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 3 stalks Green onion
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Avocado or Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 375. Grease a 9X10 deep baking pan with avocado or olive oil.
- Thinly slice your sweet potato using a mandolin or very sharp knife. Slices should be 1/4-1/8″ thick. Layer the slices overlapping on the bottom of the pan evenly to create the bottom crust. Once layered, put in oven for 25 minutes or until potatoes are 80% cooked through.
- Slice up your bell pepper into thin strips along with your red onion. Heat a skillet to medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil and saute onion and pepper for about 5-6 minutes making sure to soften but not fully cook through.
- While you wait for your pepper and onion to cool down, crack one dozen eggs into a large bowl and whisk until blended together. Tear up prosciutto into bite sized pieces and add to egg mixture along with thinly sliced green onion. Then add your pepper and red onion mixture to egg bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Take potato crust pan out of oven and pour egg mixture right on top making sure you distribute the vegetable mixture evenly. Egg mixture will go under the crust and in between layers and this is ok!
- Bake Frittatta for 25-30 minutes or until middle is firm. Let cool and slice into 6-8 pieces.