Spring is around the corner! To me this means spring and summer food is ahead. I love eating more salads, fruits and outdoor BBQ during the warmer seasons. I also love bringing something pretty and colorful to fun get togethers because I know it’s healthy and I love showcasing things that people wouldn’t normally eat. For instance, this strawberry balsamic caprese salad is a Spring and Summer hit!
This recipe uses the Strawberry Balsamic sauce from Saucy Lips to give this Strawberry Balsamic Caprese salad a tangy and sweet flavor. Their sauce is Paleo and Whole30 compliant! Check recipe notes for an option if you do not have the sauce.
Strawberry Balsamic Caprese Salad
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz Strawberries, quartered
- 1 pint Mozzarella Cilligene, halved
- .5 oz Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Saucy Lips Strawberry Basil Sauce
- 3 cups Arugula
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Glaze (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl with the Strawberry Basil Sauce and toss until well combined.
- Serve on a bed of arugula and top with crushed black pepper and balsamic glaze
OPTION WITHOUT SAUCE: Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil and 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar instead of sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Thyme and JOY is a parnter with the Whole30 Approved program. For more information about the Whole30 reset and Personal chef services in charleston check out these links:
Follow me on Social Media!