Taco Tuesday has a new meaning when you’re on the Whole 30. What I mean by that is, it’s not a thing UNLESS you can figure out a way to hold precious taco meat cargo in a vessel that has no grains and only compliant ingredients. That way is through are zucchini taco boats . . .
These easy zucchini taco boats make it easy to bring back taco Tuesday or taco any day when you’re kicking ass on your Whole 30 journey.
ZUCCHINI TACO BOATS | WHOLE 30
- 6 Zucchini
- 1/2 Red Onion Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 pounds Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Cut the tops off each zucchini and cut down the middle lengthwise
- On a non stick baking sheet, place zucchini flesh side down and bake for 20-15 minutes or until zucchini starts to soften
- In the meantime, heat oil in a pan and add onions and pepper and saute until onions are translucent. Add ground beef and taco seasoning and saute until meat is cooked through
- Once zucchini boats are cooled down, take a spoon and scrape out the flesh and seeds of each zucchini half and save the the flesh
- Chop the insides of the zucchini until it forms a chunky paste. Add it to a bowl with the ground beef mixture and half cup of almond flour.
- Stir ingredients together until combined and stuff into the zucchini boats packing tightly.
- Put each zucchini boat back on the baking sheet flesh side up and broil for 3-5 minutes or until tops are browned and crispy.
- Add chopped cilantro on top and serve with Whole 30 compliant salsa.
Live in the Charleston area and thinking of doing a Whole 30? I can help!