This easy recipe for 7 minute salmon will have a nutrient dense protein on the table quick! This recipe uses few ingredients and is broiled in the oven.
Anyone who watches my Instagram stories knows that we eat salmon in this house quite a bit! There is one main reason why we do this other than the fact that it’s obviously so amazing for you.
It’s because despite what it may look like, it cooks FAST, especially under the broiler. Because of this, I’m able to come home after cooking for others as a personal chef and get a healthy meal on the table especially if I am using my Air Fryer to make a veggie side.
How long to Broil Salmon:
Typically, to get the desired level of cooked you want your salmon, you want to broil it at these times:
Medium Rare: 7 minutes
Medium: 8-9 minutes
Well Done: 10-12 minutes
Can I make Salmon in the Air Fryer?
Salmon in the Air Fryer is just as good if not better than being cooked in the oven!
Instructions: temp out your salmon and season it as stated in the recipe below and add to a 350 air fryer basket for 8-10 minutes
What can I use to flavor Salmon?
In the recipe below, I use a simple mix of salt, pepper, garlic powder and oil but feel free to get creative!
- Curry Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Greek Seasoning
- Maple Balsamic Glaze
- Tangy Mango Salmon
- Roasted Sesame Oil
Pro Tips and Tricks
- Make sure your salmon is temped out or left on the counter outside the fridge for 15 minutes to take the chill off. This will ensure that the salmon will “relax” and not get a tough texture.
- Pat your salmon dry with a paper towel before seasoning. The best way to get a nice crispy crust is to make sure there is as little moisture on the salmon as possible before seasoning and coating lightly with oil.
- Place your salmon 6 inches away from the heat source. This means you may have to move your oven rack a bit higher to ensure that the salmon is cooked evenly.
7 Minute Salmon
- 1 lb Salmon Filet (cut in 2 pieces)
- 1 tsp Butter, Avocado Oil or Ghee
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Garlic Powder
- Additional oil to grease the pan
Let your salmon temp out by leaving on the counter for about 15 minutes
Make sure you have a rack at the top close to the heat source, then preheat the broiler to HIGH
Pat your salmon filets dry with a paper towel and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and brush with oil of choice.
Place salmon filets onto a greased baking sheet or non stick pan and cook for 7-10 minutes or until desired temperature is reached
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317 Total Fat: 15g Carbohydrates: 0g Protein: 44g
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.