Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
Learn how to make Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi! The air fryer is a great way to cook curly fries to make them crispy on the outside and tender on the inside in just 15 minutes or less!
The best way to cook any french fries (fresh or frozen) is by using your air fryer! The air fryer is a small convection oven that uses dry circulating heat to cook food. This means that your food will cook evenly on all sides and get nice and crispy in half the time as using a regular oven.
🤔What Are Curly Fries?
Curly fries are a type of fried potato that is cut into a spiral shape. They are usually served as a side dish or appetizer. They usually contain some type of fry seasoning that is both savory and slightly smoky or spicy.
Both kids and adults love curly fries because of their fun shape and delicious flavor!
🍟What You’ll Need
Frozen Curly Fries Fries – These can be found in the frozen section of any grocery store. Popular brands include Alexia, Ore-Ida, Simply Balanced, Arby’s, Great Value, Seasons Choice, McCain, and Market Pantry.
Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi – Any air fryer will work for this recipe. We love using the Ninja Foodi because it’s reliable, sturdy, and versatile!
Tongs – Since the air fryer will heat to 400F, you’ll want to make sure you’re handling the fries with tongs when removing and flipping.
🔥How To Make Frozen Curly Fries In Air Fryer
1️⃣Preheat the air fryer: Turn the air fryer to 400F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Air fry frozen curly fries: Add the frozen curly fries to the air fryer in a single layer with very little overlapping. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
3️⃣Flip halfway: At the 8-minute mark, flip or toss the curly fries using tongs to evenly cook. Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the curly fries are golden brown and warmed through on the inside.
4️⃣Remove and serve: Remove the cooked curly fries from the air fryer and serve with your favorite foods.
👩🏻🍳Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Cooking Tips
- Preheating is important. This allows the air fryer to get up to temperature quickly so the fries defrost and cook within 15 minutes.
- Single layer. Place the fries in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket otherwise they will not cook evenly. You may need to cook in batches for a larger amount of fries.
- Toss or flip halfway. Be sure to toss or flip the fries at the halfway point so they cook evenly on all sides.
- Extra crispy fries. For curly fries that are extra crispy, spray with a light coating of cooking spray before adding to the air fryer basket.
- Best time and temperature. 400F for 15 minutes is a great baseline to start with when cooking french fries in the air fryer. Your individual air fryer plus the size of your fries will determine the right cooking time. Adjust as necessary.
- Reheat french fries in the air fryer. If your french fries are already cooked you can reheat french fries in the air fryer quickly and easily.
🍟More Air Fryer Fry Recipes
- Air Fryer Crinkle Cut Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Yuca Fries
- Air Fryer Steak Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Diced Potatoes
- Air Fryer Waffle Fries
Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 28 oz Curly Fries frozen
- Turn the air fryer to 400F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the frozen curly fries to the air fryer in a single layer with very little overlapping. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
- At the 8 minute mark, flip or toss the curly fries using tongs to evenly cook.
- Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the curly fries are golden brown and warmed through on the inside.
- Remove the cooked curly fries from the air fryer and serve with your favorite foods.