Enjoy a perfectly cooked hot pocket that’s crispy on the outside and warm on the inside in just 15 minutes or less. Learn How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Hot Pockets using your air fryer or Ninja Foodi!
Hot pockets are a type of turnover usually made with wheat flour crust and stuffed with various fillings. The dough is rolled out, then the filling is placed on one side and the dough is folded over to create a half-moon shape. Hot pockets were introduced in 1983 by Chef Michael Angelo, founder of Michael Angelo’s Pizza.
This iconic American food is enjoyed by people of all ages and can be found in most convenience stores. While the classic hot pocket flavors are pepperoni and cheese or sausage and cheese, there are now a variety of flavors to choose from, including chicken parmesan, mac & cheese, and steak & cheese.
Can you air fry hot pockets? There are many ways a hot pocket can be cooked, usually in the microwave or the toaster oven. But, the best way to cook a frozen hot pocket is by using your air fryer! The air fryer uses dry circulating heat to cook food, resulting in a crispy and evenly cooked hot pocket.
📖How To Make Frozen Hot Pockets In Air Fryer
1️⃣Preheat the air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Add to the air fryer basket: Place the frozen hot pocket in the air fryer basket, being careful not to overcrowd the basket. If you’re using a Ninja Foodi, place the hot pocket on the air fryer tray.
3️⃣Air Fry Hot Pockets: Set the timer for 12 minutes and flip halfway with tongs. Air fry or until crisp and golden brown on the outside and warm on the inside.
4️⃣Remove and Serve: Remove from air fryer with tongs and enjoy!
👩🍳Tips For Cooking The Perfect Air Fryer Hot Pocket
- Don’t overcrowd the basket: be sure to leave enough space in between the hot pocket and other food in the air fryer basket so that air can circulate and cook the hot pocket evenly.
- Flip halfway: Turn hot pocket over halfway through cooking so that both sides get evenly crispy.
- For a crispy crust: if you like your crust extra crispy, air fry for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Use tongs: The hot pockets will be very hot! Use tongs to remove from air fryer and carefully enjoy.
How long do hot pockets cook in the air fryer?
Cooking time may vary depending on how many you’re cooking at once, the wattage of your air fryer, and the size of your hot pockets. A good starting point is 10-12 minutes at 375F. Cook for longer if needed.
Can I cook more than one frozen hot pocket in the air fryer?
Yes, but don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Leave space in between the hot pockets so that air can circulate and cook evenly.
How can I tell when my air fryer frozen hot pocket is done?
You’ll know it’s done when it’s golden brown and crispy on the outside and warm on the inside. If you’re unsure, insert a toothpick into the center of the hot pocket. If it comes out warm, its done!
What temp do you put hot pockets in the air fryer?
For best results, cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You can cook them at 400F but the crust may burn before the filling has a chance to get warm.
🥨More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Calamari
- Air Fryer Potstickers (Dumplings, Gyoza)
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Soft Pretzels
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Crabcakes
- Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
Air Fryer Frozen Hot Pockets
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 2 pieces Frozen Hot Pockets
How To Air Fry Frozen Hot Pockets:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the frozen hot pocket in the air fryer basket, being careful not to overcrowd the basket. If you’re using a Ninja Foodi, place the hot pocket on the air fryer tray.
- Set the timer for 12 minutes and flip halfway with tongs. Air fry or until crisp and golden brown on the outside and warm on the inside.
- Remove from air fryer with tongs and enjoy!