Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
Learn how to make Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi! The air fryer is a great way to cook waffle fries to make them crispy on the outside and tender on the inside in just 15 minutes or less!
The best way to cook any french fries (fresh or frozen) is by using your air fryer! The air fryer is a small convection oven that uses dry circulating heat to cook food. This means that your food will cook evenly on all sides and get nice and crispy in half the time as using a regular oven.
🤔What are waffle fries?
Waffle fries are a type of fry that has a criss-cross or waffle pattern on them. They are usually thicker and heartier than regular french fries and can be found in the frozen section of your grocery store.
This fun shape is loved by kids and adults alike and makes a great side dish or appetizer when served with your favorite dipping sauces like homemade ketchup, bbq sauce, or a spicy habanero ranch dressing!
🍟What You’ll Need
Frozen Waffle Fries – These can be found in the frozen section of any grocery store. Popular brands include Ore-Ida, Alexia, Mrs. T’s, Great Value, McCain, Seasons Choice, and Market Pantry. You can even find frozen sweet potato waffle fries!
Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi – Any air fryer will work for this recipe. We love using the Ninja Foodi because it’s reliable, sturdy, and versatile!
Tongs – Since the air fryer will heat to 400F, you’ll want to make sure you’re handling the fries with tongs when removing and flipping.
🔥How To Make Frozen Waffle Fries In Air Fryer
1️⃣Preheat the air fryer: Turn the air fryer to 400F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Air fry frozen waffle fries: Add the frozen waffle fries to the air fryer in a single layer with very little overlapping. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
3️⃣Flip halfway: At the 8-minute mark, flip or toss the waffle fries using tongs to evenly cook. Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the waffle fries are golden brown and warmed through on the inside.
4️⃣Remove and serve: Remove the cooked waffle fries from the air fryer and serve with your favorite foods.
👩🏻🍳Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Cooking Tips
- Preheating is important. This allows the air fryer to get up to temperature quickly so the fries defrost and cook within 15 minutes.
- Single layer. Place the fries in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket otherwise they will not cook evenly. You may need to cook in batches for a larger amount of fries.
- Toss or flip halfway. Be sure to toss or flip the fries at the halfway point so they cook evenly on all sides.
- Extra crispy fries. For waffle fries that are extra crispy, spray with a light coating of cooking spray before adding to the air fryer basket.
- Best time and temperature. 400F for 15 minutes is a great baseline to start with when cooking french fries in the air fryer. Your individual air fryer plus the size of your fries will determine the right cooking time. Adjust as necessary.
- Reheat french fries in the air fryer. If your french fries are already cooked you can reheat french fries in the air fryer quickly and easily.
🥔More Air Fryer Fry Recipes
- Air Fryer Crinkle Cut Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Yuca Fries
- Air Fryer Steak Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Diced Potatoes
Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 28 oz Waffle Fries frozen
- Turn the air fryer to 400F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the frozen waffle fries to the air fryer in a single layer with very little overlapping. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
- At the 8 minute mark, flip or toss the waffle fries using tongs to evenly cook.
- Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the waffle fries are golden brown and warmed through on the inside.
- Remove the cooked waffle fries from the air fryer and serve with your favorite foods.