If you would’ve told me I’d be snacking on bbq bacon wrapped meatloaf, I would’ve thought you were crazy! Luckily for me, through years of trial and error I’ve found out that good quality animal proteins make me function best. For me, that means following a mix of paleo, whole30 and low-carb eating and I love it!
I also love that I can have a BBQ sauce that tastes so flavorful that’s infused with bone broth AND is Whole30 Approved since it has no junky ingredients. I promise if you make these BBQ bacon wrapped meatloaf you’ll have friends for life and they’ll want the recipe!
Related: Homemade BBQ Sauce | Whole30
The key to making this bacon so crispy is to make sure you make the meatloaf small enough so that it cooks through without burning the bacon. THEN you can pop it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp it up just right.
Check Out: Whole30 Approved Sauces & Marinades
- The New Primal Classic BBQ Sauce
- The New Primal Mustard BBQ
- The New Primal Buffalo Sauce: Medium
- The New Primal Marinade Pack
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- 1 lb Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup Classic BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Egg
- 8 strips Bacon, uncured & sugar free
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl add beef, egg, onion, garlic, bbq sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix together with hands until all ingredients are well incorporated
- Form meat into 8 mini loaves
- Wrap each loaf with 1 piece of bacon wrapping fully around once
- Cook on sheet pan for 30 minutes or until beef is cooked through
- Once meat is cooked, broil for 2-3 minutes if bacon needs to be more crispy
- For extra flavor, drizzle BBQ sauce on top and serve
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g
Other Recipes Using The New Primal:
BBQ Pineapple Pulled Pork | Whole30
Thyme and JOY is a parnter with the Whole30 Approved program. For more information about the Whole30 reset and Personal chef services in charleston check out these links: