This BBQ chicken & egg skillet uses bbq pulled chicken and an easy sweet potato hash that can be whipped up for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
Today’s post is special because it features my very first recipe guest poster! A while back I asked for some help with my blog because I just can’t keep up my schedule with my personal chef business, blogging AND having a pregnancy that is sucking the life out of me. Luckily there are some amazing and talented bloggers out there that were willing to contribute their amazing recipes to help me but also help my readers enjoy a variety of recipes. Take it away, Lauren!
My name is Lauren, but my friends and family call me Lulu for short! One of my passions in life is to create dishes that will gather friends and family to my table. My belief is that meals should be shared with others, affording us the opportunity to connect with one another. Lulu’s Table balances healthy eating for your body, and indulging for your soul…(and sanity). Through these recipes, I hope to inspire others to prepare homemade meals and to reconnect with friends and family at the table!
BBQ Chicken Egg Skillet
Can I modify this to be more paleo, whole 30, or keto friendly?
Can I make this dish if I don’t have a cast iron skillet?
Can’t tolerate spicy foods?
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 Red Onion. chopped
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 10 eggs
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 cups BBQ pulled chicken
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Sriracha Drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes and chop onion. Throw into skillet or baking dish.
- Add oil over veggies and mix well, making sure to coat veggies thoroughly.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of salt, pepper, and garlic over top of veggies. Bake for 30 min.
- Crack eggs over sweet potato hash so that it covers the entire dish. Drizzle sriracha over
- eggs (optional).
- Layer on BBQ pulled chicken, and bake for another 30 min.
- Top with sliced avocado, sriracha and garnish with cilantro before serving!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320