This brussels sprouts salad with apples is filled with veggies, fresh flavor coming from citrus zest. A new way to try brussels sprouts, it’s perfect for a spring or summer side dish and for those following a Whole30 or Paleo way of eating.
This is a guest post by my fellow healthy blogger friend Ana Ankeny! Take it away, Ana!
I am so excited to be here sharing a brand new recipe with you all!
As a creative and passionate recipe developer determined to share all the healthy food options I can, I am so excited Valerie has opened her blog to me for sharing a special recipe with all of you!
Along with spending much of my time in the kitchen recipe developing Paleo, Whole30 and clean eating recipes, I am a boy mom to four little munchkins, home school mom to the older two, and a little fitness obsessed.
I hope you enjoy the new recipe and follow along for more clean eating recipes and tips.
Find Ana here:
I am all about those two things; healthy and easy! Let’s not over complicate things, making healthy meals can be very easy! For this dish all you need are four simple ingredients and a large skillet. In just 15 minutes you’ll have a flavorful dish that pairs well with your weeknight dinner.
Brussels Sprouts Salad with apples has the best flavors of summer. It may only be spring right now, but I am always dreaming of summertime.
The fresh produce from the farmer’s markets and all the lighter salads with citrus flavors. Ah, yes summertime is my favorite.
The light crunch from the Brussels sprouts and the sweetness from the apples mix together along with the light and zesty hints from the lemon.
Yes, it’s the perfect summertime salad.
How to Make Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples:
- Grab your cutting board and begin prepping the Brussels sprouts and apples. Cut the Brussels in half and the apple into large chunks.
- Next, in a skillet over medium heat, begin warming the avocado oil. Place the Brussels and apples in the hot skillet and cook for 10 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir every couple of minutes to get a nice even cook to each piece.The Brussels will be lightly cooked, with a nice crunch still.
- Lastly remove the cooked salad from the skillet and place into a serving bowl. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over the salad. Toss together and serve.
Also Check Out:
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples
- 3-4 cups Raw Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Medium Apple
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- Pink sea salt to taste
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Using a cutting board and sharp knife, cut the rough stems off the Brussels sprouts and cut each in half. Cut the apple in 1/2" dice.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add the avocado oil.
- Place all Brussels and apple chunks into the heated skillet. Stirring together to evenly coat with avocado oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently every 2-3 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are cooked through but still slightly crunchy.
- Remove from heat and add to a bowl. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over the salad. Toss together and serve.
- Store leftovers in a covered glass container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198