This buffalo chicken chili marries the flavor of chicken wings with a hearty and healthy meal that all will love.
4 cups Cooked Boneless Shredded Chicken (great use for rotisserie chicken!)
4 stalks Celery, diced
1 large Onion, diced
2 tsp Garlic, chopped
1 piece Jalapeno, small dice
1 can Rotel (diced tomato + chili)
2 Bell Peppers, diced (one orange, one yellow)
2 cups Chicken stock or water
1 Lime, juiced
1 tbsp Avocado Oil
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup Buffalo Sauce
8oz Cream cheese (or dairy free cream cheese)
Salt/Pepper to taste
- Turn on instant pot to saute function and add oil.
- Once oil is warmed up, add garlic, onion, celery and bell pepper along with a pinch of salt. Saute for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- To the instant pot, add cooked chicken, rotel, chicken stock, buffalo sauce and lime juice. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Pressure release can be natural or quick release.
- Add in cream cheese and chopped cilantro and stir until combined.
- Add in more buffalo sauce and salt & pepper until desired taste is reached.
- Serve with cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS: Perform steps 1-2 in a skillet. Add skillet contents and other ingredients into slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Add cream cheese once chili is cooked through.
PALEO + WHOLE30 OPTIONS: Omit or swap cream cheese with coconut milk, almond milk cream cheese or plain almond yogurt.
Keywords: buffalo chicken chili