It’s about that time that I use my one ingredient cashew cream sauce for an easy holiday recipe. This butternut squash alfredo is a perfect winter meal. It contains simple ingredients that are dairy free as well as a pinch of nutmeg for some extra warming flavor.
Raw cashews must be used for this recipe to work and soaking overnight is best though 8 hours could work in a pinch. The result is a butternut squash alfredo that is velvety smooth and ready for pasta or lasagna.
I love serving this with gluten free pasta, but feel free to use zucchini spirals, spaghetti squash or serve it over some harvest roasted vegetables.
Butternut Squash AlfredoPrint
This butternut squash alfredo is a holiday hit for those looking for a creamy dairy free sauce option.
- Soak cashews overnight in 3 cups of water
- Drain and rinse thoroughly
- Add soaked cashews and remaining ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If alfredo is too thick, add more water by tbsp until desired consistency is reached.
- Heat up on stovetop or microwave
- Store in fridge for 5 days in airtight container
- Method: Blender
Keywords: butternut squash pasta sauce, butternut squash sauce, butternut squash alfredo, dairy free butternut squash alfredo, vegan alfredo sauce, whole30 alfredo sauce, paleo alfredo sauce, vegan butternut squash recipes, healthy alfredo sauce
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.