It’s about that time that I use my one ingredient cashew cream sauce for an easy holiday recipe. This butternut squash alfredo is a perfect winter meal. It contains simple ingredients that are dairy free as well as a pinch of nutmeg for some extra warming flavor.
Raw cashews must be used for this recipe to work and soaking overnight is best though 8 hours could work in a pinch. The result is a butternut squash alfredo that is velvety smooth and ready for pasta or lasagna.
I love serving this with gluten free pasta, but feel free to use zucchini spirals, spaghetti squash or serve it over some harvest roasted vegetables.
Butternut Squash Alfredo
- Soak cashews overnight in 3 cups of water
- Drain and rinse thoroughly
- Add soaked cashews and remaining ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If alfredo is too thick, add more water by tbsp until desired consistency is reached.
- Heat up on stovetop or microwave
- Store in fridge for 5 days in airtight container
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.