These chicken zucchini enchiladas are a great option for those eating low carb or grain free.
- 3 cups Shredded Chicken, cooked
- 2-3 Zucchini, large and thick
- 2 cups Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 small Red Onion, small dice
- 1 Bell Pepper, small dice
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and set aside a deep baking pan with 1/4-1/2 cup enchilada sauce spread on bottom.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet and add diced onion and bell pepper over medium heat. Saute for about 5 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Add in shredded cooked chicken along with one cup of enchilada sauce. Toss together until evenly combined and remove from heat
- Using your mandolin on the thinnest setting, cut each zucchini into paper thin slices as shown below. As you cut them, keep them together so they are the same size. Layer each slice overlapping them halfway through the next one until desired enchilada size is formed. (this turned out to be 4-5 depending on size.
- Scoop a little over 1/3 cup chicken mixture longways inside the “shell”. Slide a knife under the zucchini slices and create a flap over the chicken mixture and continue to carefully roll up all the way.
- Add each enchilada to sauce lined baking pan packing them tightly.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken mixture is warmed through.
- Top with chopped cilantro and/or avocado.