Core Workout Routine
Hi Friends, my name is Katie and I am a fitness and lifestyle influencer who lives in beautiful Charleston, South Carolina. I am passionate about running, yoga, writing, food, and inspiring others to live their happiest life inside and out. I share workouts, simple recipes, self-care tips, and a glimpse into my own personal journey. You can learn more about me HERE. I am honored to be here today to be sharing a workout series that is PERFECT for getting your CORE ready for Summer with this Core Workout Routine. Yes it is great to have a strong sexy core that looks good during the summer, because let's admit it, we all wear a lot less clothing, and who doesn't want to rock their swimsuit?!?!? But building a strong core is not just about the physical appearance. When your core is strong, your posture is better, your overall training is more efficient and effective, your daily activities are easier, and doing all those fun summer activities are heck of a lot more fun.
I take inspiration from online resources and manuals that concentrate on full-body workouts. One of my friends recommended reading reviews of workout guide books (like, Unlock Your Hip Flexors Review) and videos to understand what people seek in a workout session. So in this core workout routine, I have put together something for everyone! It is versatile, challenging, can be done anywhere, requires no equipment, and strengthens not just your core, but your entire beautiful body. A little-known fact about my workouts...I make sure that they are efficient and effective because I know how busy everyone is these days, so I make sure my workouts get the job done!
Here is what you need to do for this core workout routine series:
- Crunches - Dig your heels into the ground, while keeping your arms straight and above your head. Keep it ALL engaged. Slowly come up to a seated position and then slowly lower back down. Inhale when you come up and exhale when you come down. 3x sets of 15 repetitions.
- Side Plank with Hip Raises - Make sure that your wrists are aligned with your shoulder and your feet are stacked, while keeping your legs engaged. Slowly lower your hips towards the ground and then slowly bring them back up. 3x sets of 15 repetitions on each side.
- 1 - Leg Crunches - Just like crunches, dig your heels into the ground, while keeping your arms straight and above your head. Keep it ALL engaged. Slow and steady wins the race with this move. 3x sets of 15 repetitions on each side.
- Plank to Forearm Plank - Make sure that your wrists are aligned with your shoulders. Keep your legs engaged, neck in a neutral position, and suck that belly to the back of your spine. Slowly lower down to your forearms and then slowly come back up to plank position. 3x sets of 10 repetitions.
Here are my tips when doing this core workout routine series:
- Keep everything ENGAGED! This is key for not only strengthening your core, but also for building your overall strength and balance.
- SLOW and STEADY! There is no need to rush through these moves. The slower you go, the more effective the move is, and the better the burn!
- Focus on your breathing...Remember to always exhale when you are going against gravity.
- Think outside the box! Do this workout all at once...Add one or two moves into your next strength training workout...Add hula hoops or yoga into your workout...Add more sets or repetitions depending on your strength and energy levels.
- DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!!
Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Cheers to summer and looking and feeling your best inside and out! ENJOY!!!