I am such a fan of cruciferous vegetables. They are vegetables that are in the cabbage family and are packed with nutrients and known to help balance hormone levels. Personally, the more I eat them, the more I am able to get a better handle on my estrogen dominance. Vegetables in this family include: broccoli, cabbage, kale, cauliflower, brussels sprouts and more. The only problem is that sometimes it’s hard to make them taste good. The fibers in these vegetables are tough and the taste is usually bitter. I’ve created this cruciferous BLT salad to help that issue.
This Cruciferous BLT salad is made with One Minute Mayo but can also be substituted for Primal Kitchen Ranch or Tessemaes Creamy ranch if you’d like to make it Whole30 compliant. And speaking of staying Whole30 compliant, I did use some Pederson’s farms sugar free bacon that I got in last months Butcher Box.
Another not on this salad is that you should make sure your kale is cut into bite sized pieces to avoid it attacking you during your meal. Also, massage the vegetables thoroughly until they start to get soft and break down!
Cruciferous BLT Salad
- 4 slices Sugar Free Bacon (cooked + chopped)
- 1/2 pound Brussels Sprouts (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Broccoli Slaw
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 pint Cherry Tomato (quartered)
- 1/3 cup One Minute Mayo or Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add everything into a large bowl except bacon and tomatoes. Massage all vegetables until broken down and soft.
- Toss in bacon and tomato and serve immediately.
Thyme and JOY is a parnter with the Whole30 Approved program. For more information about the Whole30 reset and Personal chef services in charleston check out these links:
Follow me on Social Media!