This dairy free buffalo Alfredo sauce is the perfect way to get a creamy sauce that is vegan and void of dairy thanks to its base of cashews. This recipe can be used as part of a low carb, paleo, whole30 or dairy free way of eating.
I’m continuing my buffalo sauce recipe streak but are you really that surprised?
Typically buffalo sauce is not always something that can be enjoyed by those who eat vegan or dairy free. Luckily, The New Primal has a line of buffalo sauces that are completely vegan and dairy free AND come in varying levels of spice for your liking.
I pretty much cook with the medium buffalo sauce for all recipes because it is just the right amount of heat for me, but if you like things more spicy or less spicy you have options!
Is buffalo sauce vegan?
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make Vegan Dairy Free Buffalo Alfredo:
For this recipe you need 2 cups of raw cashews that soak in water for a couple of hours until they are soft enough to be blended. I have always soaked for a minimum of 6 hours and it’s work just fine. You can also soak them in boiling water for an hour or two to decrease the soaking time.
After draining and rinsing the cashews, add them to a high speed blender along with the buffalo sauce, water, garlic and black pepper.
Blend all the ingredients together until a thick sauce is formed. Feel free to add more or less water depending on the desired consistency of your sauce.
The sauce can then be heated over medium low heat in a sauce pan and added to your meal.
Dairy free buffalo alfredo sauce should be stored in an air tight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
To reheat, put sauce in a saucepan over medium low heat, be careful not to burn.
What can I make with dairy free buffalo Alfredo sauce?
- Serve dairy free buffalo Alfredo sauce over:
- Regular or gluten free pasta
- Zucchini Noodles
- Butternut Squash Noodles
- Spaghetti Squash Noodles
- Add some diced cooked chicken breast
- Use it to bind a casserole
Check Out Other Popular Buffalo Recipes:
- 2 cups Raw cashews
- ½ cup Mild Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup Water
- ½ tsb Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, soak 2 cups of cashews in enough water that is 2 inches above the cashews for at least 3 hours. Cashews will expand to 3 cups, so they need room to do so.
- Rinse and drain cashews and add to a high-speed blender along with water, buffalo sauce, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Start by pulsing the blender, moving it to a lower speed and then up higher as cashews begin to break down and form a sauce. You may need to use the plunger attachment or add more water to create the desired sauce consistency.
- Remove from blender and heat over medium low heat in a saucepan before using. Since the sauce is made of cashews, it can burn easy, so keep stirring while heating.
- Pour over pasta, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash noodles and add chicken for a hearty buffalo chicken alfredo pasta!
- Store leftover dairy free buffalo alfredo sauce in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.