These Egg Roll Burgers are a perfect way to capture that egg roll flavor without the fried shell.
This summer I am truly on a burger kick. I guess it’s because you really can’t go wrong with a burger. It’s so easy to put together and the flavor combinations are endless. You can also eat them plain or on a bun or cut them up and throw them on a salad. Perfect warm weather food.
This dish takes the flavor of an egg roll and turns it into a meal without all the fried shell jazz.
One day I decided to take the literal meat of the dish and form it into a burger patty with the same taste making egg roll burgers. This way, you can enjoy the same flavors but in different ways.
🧾 Ingredients in Egg Roll Burgers
- Ground Pork – Traditionally, ground pork is used in egg roll dishes however you can also use ground turkey or ground chicken for this recipe
- Almond Flour – This is use as a binder in the burger to make sure everything stays together. For those of you who have a nut allergy, consider using regular breadcrumbs or keto breadcrumbs as a substitute.
- Roasted Sesame Oil – Make sure you are using ROASTED sesame oil for this recipe as that is where the flavor comes from! I’ve made the mistake of buying regular sesame oil and it doesn’t taste the same.
- Coconut Aminos – coconut aminos are a soy sauce alternative that is derived from coconuts. It is a bit sweeter than soy sauce but works the same. Note that using coconut aminos instead of soy sauce make this dish paleo and whole30 compliant.
🍽️ How To Serve Egg Roll Burgers
- On a gluten free bun
- In a lettuce wrap
- Chopped up on a green salad
- In a low carb tortilla
- Chopped up and scrambled into an omelet or frittata
🍔 More Burger Recipes
Egg Roll Burgers
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour or Plain Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tbsp Roasted Sesame Oil
- ¼ cup Green Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp [Coconut Aminos]
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Avocado Oil
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix together with hands until meat mixture is fully combined.
- Form into 4 burger patties.
- Heat oil on skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook burgers about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.