In ep 28: When is it ok to diet? Val and Ali talk about the diet culture, anti diet culture and when we feel it is ok to use a nutritional protocol or tool to feel better in many ways. We also chat about how we have backed away from social media this summer as well as summer hydration tips.
Ep 28: When is it ok to diet?
- 2:17 – What we had for dinner.
- 6:46 – Val’s personal thoughts on getting her body back after baby.
- 10:16 – Ali’s experience with clients that come to her that are looking to feel better and not lose weight.
- 11:24 – Does wanting to lose weight or feel better always have to come from a bad place? The word diet shouldn’t invoke negative feelings.
- 14: 38 – Intuitive Eating doesn’t solve everything and has become a buzz word.
- 15:40 – Val’s take on when it’s ok to diet and what she found works best for her (it’s not Whole30).
- 18:52 – Comparing hustle in business to diet or nutritional protocols.
- 20:00 – Ali’s reasons its ok to diet when it has to do with deep health issues.
- 22:06 – Diet protocols and diabetes.
- 23:48 – How the anti-diet culture and body positive movement can push others to love themselves when they are in an unhealthy state.
- 26:14 – Our decrease in social media use and why.
- 27:23 – Ali discusses her decrease in social media this summer and how social media doesn’t always mix with a happy marriage.
- 32:05 – Val’s personal and analytical reasons for decreasing her use in social media.
- 34:00 – Practical tips you can take to use social media less.
- 37:28 – Screen Time Phone Pick up Stat and how eye opening it is to see how often you truly are on your phone.
- 41:43 – Summer hydration tips
For more information about your hosts and the podcast: