This french onion soup is made with simple ingredients in the instant pot. It uses onions, beef broth and herbs to make a hearty soup that is whole30, low carb and keto.
- Cut and slice your onions into 1/8 inch salad slices (rainbow shape) and mince your garlic.
- In instant pot, use the saute function to melt 3 tbsp butter or ghee.
- Once butter is melted, add onions and garlic and saute for 15-20 minutes making sure to constantly keep an eye on it and stir to keep from burning. After about 15-20 minutes the onions should be soft and translucent.
- Add 1 tbsp arrowroot starch and 2 tablespoons Worcestershire or classic marinade and stir to combine.
- Pour in 8 cups of beef broth.
- Add bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 15 minutes.
- Use a quick release or natural release and serve hot.
OPTIONAL: pour in crocks or ramekins, top with bread and cheese and place under broiler
- Serving Size: 1.5 cup
- Calories: 127
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 6
Keywords: instant pot french onion soup, slow cooker french onion soup, crock pot french onion soup, keto french onion soup, whole30 french onion soup