This gluten free coffee cake is dense, sweet and has a streusel topping loaded with chocolate chips for an extra decadent dessert. Perfect for a spring time brunch or morning holiday!
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend with Xanthan Gum
- 2 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 stick Butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream, full fat
- 4 tbsp Butter, cold and chopped
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour Blend with Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease an 8×8 square baking pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl until fully incorporated.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat together room temperature butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and mix further. Then add sour cream and mix until all wet ingredients are fully combined.
- In 1/2 cup portions, add dry flour mixture to wet ingredient mixture until all dry mix is fully incorporated into a cake batter.
- Pour cake batter into greased 8×8 square baking pan.
- Chop cold butter into squares and add to food processor along with flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pulse mixture until course crumbs are formed. This can also be done with 2 forks or a pastry cutter. Be careful not to over warm the butter in mixture.
- Add topping into a bowl and toss with chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle topping evenly on top of cake batter in cake pan.
- Cook for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cake may be a little wobbly when first taking out of the oven and just needs to cool and settle.
- Let cool COMPLETELY before slicing and serving
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 398
Keywords: gluten free coffee cake, gluten free chocolate chip coffee cake, gluten free coffee cake with chocolate chips, gluten free coffee cake mix, easy gluten free coffee cake, gluten free crumb cake recipe, gluten free cinnamon streusel coffee cake, gluten free crumb cake, gluten free coffee cake recipe, gluten free sour cream coffee cake, gluten free breakfast cake