This gluten free Irish soda bread is an easy Irish staple perfect for breakfast or with meals especially during St. Patrick’s Day.
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (make sure its gluten free)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 4 tbsp Grass Fed Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Buttermilk or Buttermilk Substitute
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large bowl, add all of your dry ingredients including: gluten free flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, salt and raisins.
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and egg until it’s fluffy and combined.
- Begin to add in 1/2 cup flour followed by buttermilk into wet mix in intervals until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Sprinkle some gluten free flour on a flat surface and place bread dough on top. Knead a few times until you are able to shape the flour into a round but flat disk that is 1 inch thick.
- With a sharp knife, score an X on top and place on greased cookie sheet in oven for 5 minutes at 450. Once 5 minutes is up, reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack and let cook for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Category: bread, dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Irish
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 198
Keywords: gluten free irish soda bread, gluten free irish bread, gluten free irish soda bread recipe, gluten free soda bread, gluten free soda bread recipe, irish soda bread gluten free, irish soda bread gluten free recipe, easy gluten free soda bread recipe