This household budget spreadsheet is the best way to track your monthly expenses to find out exactly what you have leftover at the end of each month. This is one of the very first steps in order to reach your personal finance goals. Simply fill out the google sheet with your income and expenses to find out exactly where you stand financially.
The first step in better financial health is to KNOW WHERE YOU STAND. For you to make any positive decisions, you’ll need to know exactly what is coming in and coming out on a monthly basis. You’ll then see what and if you have anything leftover to decide what to do with. Most people miss this important step that is an anchor in your financial health.
I’ve always been a meticulous tracker of money. There were times I fell off the wagon, but for the most part it’s always been a huge part of my daily life. When I got married, it was even MORE important for me to keep track of our finances. I wanted to make sure we at least had enough to cover all our bills so we weren’t getting into trouble.
I’ve used this google budget sheet for nearly 10 years and it has saved us time and time again from making bad decisions with our money. If it weren’t for this sheet we would not have been able to afford what we have now and pay off our debts.
- Click the google sheets link below. Click FILE and either make a copy or download it as an excel spreadsheet.
- Add in your monthly net income at the top.
- Add in each expense in the OUT section. Be sure to use a (-) before entering the amount to make sure the expenses subtract from the total income.
- To add a line item, right click the cell number and choose insert one above to make sure it calculates within the built in formula.
- At the bottom will be your total expenses in ( ).
- It will automatically calculate what you have leftover per month after all of your expenses are taken out whether that number is positive or negative.
- Per week is your leftover amount divided by 4 meaning you have that much money per week extra after your expenses are paid. These numbers are important to know in order to figure out what to do with your remaining money whether that is putting it towards debt, savings or creating sinking funds for other expenses throughout the year.
- Copy and paste the spreadsheet each month to account for varying incomes to see where you’re at on a monthly basis.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO ACCESS THE HOUSEHOLD BUDGET SPREADSHEET TEMPLATE