This split pea soup is a full hearty meal with lots of flavor coming from veggies and a smoky twist using ham. Perfect for cold nights or to batch cook for budget friendly meal prep.
- 1 lb Dried Split Peas
- 1 lb Cooked Ham, diced
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 1 cup Carrot, diced
- 1 cup Celery, diced
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves, minced
- 2 Dried Bay Leaves
- 6 cups Chicken, Turkey or Vegetable Broth
- 2 tsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Set instant pot to saute mode and add avocado oil. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add in thyme, salt, pepper, ham, split peas, and stock and stir everything together.
- Set your instant pot to manual HIGH pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once done cooking, use a quick release or natural release.
- Remove bay leaves, and stir. Soup WILL thicken up over time!
- Serve hot.
- Will store in fridge for 7 days and freezer in an air tight container for up to 6 months.
- If soup becomes too thick after being in fridge, thin out with more stock, broth or water.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 270
Keywords: instant pot split pea soup, split pea soup instant pot, split pea soup in pressure cooker, split pea soup pressure cooker, electric pressure cooker split pea soup, pressure cooker split pea and ham soup, pea soup recipe, split pea soup, pea soup, split pea soup recipe