This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed chicken is the perfect change up to the regular chicken dinner rotation. Simply hasselback chicken and stuff it with a delicious filling made of jalapenos, bacon, and cream cheese and bake in the oven.
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless & skinless
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 slices Cooked Bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp Red Onion, minced
- 2 Jalapenos, thin sliced in rounds
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp tbsp Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Trim fat off chicken breasts and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breast on cutting board and with a sharp knife, cut slits width wise into the chicken 1/2″ apart being careful not to cut the chicken through to the other side. This will create 4-5 “pockets” for the filling.
- In a medium sized bowl, add cream cheese, bacon, red onion and garlic powder and stir until fully combined.
- In each chicken breast, fill the slits with 1-2 tsp of cream cheese filling depending on on the size of the pocket. It’s ok if the filling overflows a bit.
- Take your jalapeno slices and insert them into the filling adding 1-3 slices in each pocket about half way until desired amount of jalapeno is used.
- Grease a baking pan with 2 tsp avocado oil or use a sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake on baking sheet for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees or until chicken breast is cooked all the way through.
- Serve hot. Will keep in fridge in sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Cooking time may vary depending on size and thickness of chicken breast.
- For paleo or whole30 option, see recipe text.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Protein: 46
Keywords: keto jalapeno popper stuffed chicken, jalapeno popper chicken, jalapeno popper chicken breast, jalapeno popper chicken with bacon, jalapeno popper stuffed chicken, low carb jalapeno popper chicken, hasselback stuffed chicken, hasselback chicken recipe, hasselback chicken jalapeno popper, how to hasselback chicken