This kale butternut squash frittata is great for any meal and can be eaten hot, cold or on the go. This is a great way to get in leafy greens and a high protein meal that keeps well in the fridge.
- 12 eggs
- 1 large Potato (golden preferred)
- 4 leaves Kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 cups Butternut squash, cooked and cubed**
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil, divided
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375. Grease a 8X8 deep baking pan with avocado or olive oil.
- Thinly slice your potato using a mandolin or very sharp knife. Slices should be 1/4-1/8″ thick. Layer the slices overlapping on the bottom of the pan evenly to create the bottom crust. Once layered, put in oven for 25 minutes or until potatoes are 80% cooked through.
- In pan, saute chopped kale with cubed butternut squash with 1 tbsp oil until butternut cubes are warmed through and kale is lightly wilted. Most of the cooking will take place while it is being baked.
- In a separate bowl, crack 12 eggs and whisk together along with garlic powder, salt, pepper and any other seasonings you’d like to add.
- Take potato crust pan out of oven and pour egg mixture right on top. Take vegetable mixture and disperse evenly on top of egg mixture. Egg mixture will go under the crust and in between layers and this is ok!
- Bake Frittatta for 25-35 minutes or until middle is firm. Let cool and slice into 6-8 pieces.
** most grocery stores carry cooked frozen butternut squash cubes in the frozen vegetable section. this can be subbed out for sweet potato
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 374
- Fat: 24
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Protein: 20
Keywords: butternut squash frittata, kale butternut squash frittata