I know, I know...This "recipe" barely deserves a post on this blog because it is SO easy! But I feel the need to share this one ingredient cashew cream sauce for those looking for creamy dairy free, paleo and whole3o versatile goodness.
Can you guess what the one ingredient is?
Just kidding... its cashews...
This recipe is the bare bones of anything you can imagine. After sauce is made you can add ...
- nutritional yeast
- tomato paste
- roasted red pepper
- hot sauce
- garlic and onion
- fresh herbs
- curry powder
- cocoa powder and honey
And the list goes on!
One Ingredient Cashew Cream Sauce
- 10 oz RAW unsalted cashews
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- Soak cashews in water OVERNIGHT. This is important as the creaminess of the sauce depends on it
- Rinse and drain cashews and add to a powerful blender. Add one cup of filtered water and any seasonings or spices.
- Blend until mixture is creamy and sauce like. Adjust water quantity for thickness.
- Keeps covered in the fridge for 7-10 days