These peanut butter nutella cookies are soft on the inside with a slight crunch on the outside. They are made with only 5 ingredients including peanut butter, nutella, sugar, eggs and flour. Can easily be made gluten free.
Quickly I’ve realized that few ingredient desserts are where it’s at. Once I posted my 3 ingredient nutella brownies, I got such a great response that I knew two things:
- I need to make more recipes with nutella
- I need to make more recipes that have 5 or less ingredients
Peanut butter nutella cookies are a great match for both criteria and would make a great holiday treat in December as well as February for Valentine’s Day!
What is Nutella?
Nutella is a brand of sweetened palm oil spread, flavored with hazelnut and cocoa solids, generically called chocolate spread.
Nutella is manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero and was first introduced in 1965, although its first iteration dates to 1963. Wikipedia
How do you make Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies?
This cookie recipe is so simple to make because it requires only nutella, eggs, sugar, and peanut butter.
First you whisk the eggs and sugar together until fully combined.
Then using a hand mixer or kitchen stand mixer, add in the peanut butter and nutella and use the paddle attachment to fully mix together.
Roll the dough into 2 inch balls, flatten then press with a fork and pop them in a 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes.
How do I make Gluten Free Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies?
I used a gluten free flour blend for these cookies but you can absolutely use any all purpose flour you like!
If you are using a gluten free flour blend, make sure it is a 1:1 ratio for whole wheat flour and also make sure that xanthan gum is already in the flour blend.
Xanthan gum is used as a binding agent and thickener in gluten free baking to bring back that dense texture.
What kind of sugar can I use for Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies?
The beauty of this cookie is that you can use whatever sugar you’d like including:
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Coconut Sugar
- Confectioners Sugar
- Maple Sugar
I used confectioners sugar in this recipe because I enjoy its light fluffy texture.
Check out some other gluten free desserts:
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup Peanut Butter (smooth or chunky)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour Blend or All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (confectioners sugar)
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Whisk together eggs and sugar by hand or in a stand mixer until fully incorporated
- Add in peanut butter and nutella and mix on low speed until fully combined making sure to scrape down the sides regularly.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and mix in with peanut butter nutella mix, then add remaining half cup until dough is fully formed. Should be sticky but able to be rolled.
- On a baking pan lined with parchment paper, roll dough into 2" balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Using a flat surface like the bottom of a cup or jar, press the dough down to form a cookie shape.
- Using a fork, press the prongs into the cookie twice overlapping to get a grid surface.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for 15 minutes
- Can be stored in an airtight container for 1 week
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 18gCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 7g
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.