A never ending battle in my house is how to pronounce Pecans. Growing up in NJ, saying PeCAN is how what I say and what I will ALWAYS say. I did end up marrying someone that was born in Georgia and has a southern family, so obviously PeCOONS is how they say it.
Either way, I'm pretty sure Pecans are my favorite nuts. They naturally have a warming maple type flavor to them which reminds me of fall and anything that takes my mind off of how terrible summers living in the south are. It's only natural that I tried to kick the warming flavors up a notch in these pumpkin spice pecans using a mix of pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
- Check Out: Easy Coconut Trail Mix
- Check Out: My favorite Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Check Out: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Creamer Recipe
PUMPKIN SPICE PECANS
Pumpkin Spice Pecans | paleo, whole30, keto
- **See notes for Keto and Whole30 + Paleo Options
- Preheat oven to 325
- In large bowl, add pecans, sweetner, cinnamon, salt and pumpkin pie spice and toss together.
- Melt ghee and coconut oil in microwave until it becomes it's liquid state
- Add oil mixture to bowl and toss all ingredients together until fully combined and coated.
- Roast in oven for about 15 minutes, tossing pecans halfway through.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Keto Option: Stir in ⅓ cup of zero calorie sweetener such as Swerve
- Whole30 Option: Omit sweetener of any kind
- Paleo Option: Replace Ghee with 1 additional tbsp of coconut oil
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.
Thyme and JOY is a parnter with the Whole30 Approved program. For more information about the Whole30 reset and Personal chef services in Charleston check out these links: