With these crazy good Keto Reuben Cabbage Rolls, you’re getting all of the classic Reuben flavors without the extra carbs. This tasty gluten-free appetizer is perfect for St.Patrick’s Day or any day of the year!
- 2 heads of cabbage
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ pound deli-sliced corned beef (or pastrami)
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup thousand island dressing
To Prepare the Cabbage Leaves:
- Bring a stockpot of salted water (large enough to submerge both heads of cabbage) to a rolling boil. Meanwhile, using a sharp knife carefully cut away the cores from the cabbage heads. Transfer the cored cabbage heads to the boiling water, cover and boil for 10 minutes or until the cabbage becomes soft enough to pull off individual leaves with ease. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Once the cabbage is cool enough to touch, pat each leaf dry with a paper towel and gently peel away 16 large individual leaves. Using a paring knife, trim down the thick center stem on each leaf. You can use any leftover smaller leaves to patch up any tears in the large leaves.
For the Filling:
- While the cabbage heads are boiling, prepare the filling. Cook the cauliflower rice according to the package directions. Mince the corned beef.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked cauliflower rice, corned beef, sauerkraut, cheese and salt and pepper.
- With the bottom of the leaf facing towards you, place about a ¼ cup of filling in the center of each leaf.
- Fold the left side of the leaf over the filling, then flip the right side over the filling. Flip the bottom of the leaf over the filling and begin rolling away from you until the filling is completely enclosed within the roll.
To Heat in the Air Fryer:
- Working in batches, position rolls in an even-layer in air fryer basket.
- “Air fry” at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the rolls are heated through.
To Heat in the Oven:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Position rolls in an even-layer on to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the rolls are heated through.
Serve alongside 1000 island dressing for dipping and ENJOY! 🙂
- To cool the cabbage quicker, simply place it in the fridge until it’s cool enough to handle.
- These rolls can be made in advance and heated through before serving.
- Serving Size: 2 Rolls
- Calories: 189
Keywords: low carb reuben sandwich, low carb stuffed cabbage rolls, reuben rolls, carbs in a reuben, keto reuben, reuben roll ups, air fryer cabbage rolls, air fryer reuben, air fryer corned beef, air fryer low carb wraps