These salted chocolate paleo brownies are made with almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar and coconut oil and are naturally gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. This paleo chocolate brownie recipe is the perfect healthy treat.
The idea of a paleo brownie is interesting, isnt it?
Although paleo brownies and sweets are made with natural ingredients, there is no way in HELL people in our ancestral times were chowing down on brownies.
The good news is, our generation CAN eat paleo chocolate brownies. We’re able to take simple ingredients and not chemicals to turn them into a delicious chocolate treat without any gluten.
These paleo brownies have a little twist by being sprinked with some high quality salt. The combination of salted chocolate is too amazing to pass up.
It’s the reason that chocolate covered pretzels are so addicting and also the reason that chocolate covered bacon is a thing. I’m down.
How do you make a Paleo Brownie?
The instructions for making a paleo brownie recipe are the same as a regular brownie recipe but with some simple ingredients swaps.
You’ll take a dry mix of almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, coconut sugar, gelatin and salt and whisk it in a bowl.
In another bowl, you add your wet ingredients like your egg and coconut oil.
Once you combine these together, fold in paleo or dairy free chocolate chips then pour the batter into a pan for baking.
Add finishing salt on top and bake until they are gooey chocolate brownies.
Are Paleo Brownies Healthy?
This is a loaded question in my opinion. Health means so many different things to every different person.
While you could say that a salted chocolate paleo brownie isn’t “healthy” it is arguably more healthy in terms of the ingredients in the recipe.
This means if it were to be in a health contest between it and a boxed brownie mix, the paleo brownie would probably win.
But, to each their own!
What kind of salt do you use for Salted Chocolate Paleo Brownies?
You want to make sure you are using a high quality sea salt. You can definitely taste the difference!
My favorite finishing salt of all time is Maldon Sea Salt flakes. They make all food taste amazing and they are incredibly picturesque!
Salted Chocolate Paleo BrowniesPrint
coconut oil and are naturally gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. This paleo chocolate brownie recipe is the perfect healthy treat.
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Gelatin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Finishing Salt (Maldon)
- 2/3 cups Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life Brand)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract)
- In another bowl whisk together all dry ingredients (coconut sugar, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, gelatin)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 1/2 cup batches stirring carefully until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour batter into parchment lined baking pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with finishing salt
- Bake for 22-25 minutes
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving
- Will keep in an air tight container for up to 5 days
- Category: dessert, chocolate, brownies
- Method: baking, oven baked
- Cuisine: paleo, american, chocolate
- Serving Size: 2 inch brownie
- Calories: 208
Keywords: brownies paleo, best paleo brownies, paleo brownies, paleo brownies easy, paleo brownie recipe, paleo chocolate brownies, paleo chocolate chip brownies, salted chocolate paleo brownies, paleo brownies with almond flour, whole30 brownies, paleo chocolate brownies, paleo brownie recipe, paleo brownies, gluten free brownies, grain free chocolate brownies
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.