These Strawberry Jalapeno Margaritas give the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
The older I get, the LESS I consume alcohol… crazy, right?
The best reason I can give for that is because I truly hate having a sluggish next day where I feel tired and off my game. I also know that there alcohol effects woman much different then men when it comes to depleting vital nutrients and increasing estrogen.
- Women process alcohol at a much, much slower rate than men. We retain all fluids for longer, in fact, and we metabolize the chemicals in alcohol at a slower rate. This means the physical impact of alcohol is much stronger and faster for women than for men.
- Drinking alcohol forces the liver to use your store of antioxidants and vitamin C to break it down, which leaves you vitamin and mineral deficient. This is especially problematic if you know you are already dealing with a deficiency.
- Alcohol raises your estrogen levels which worsens symptoms of PCOS, fibroids and endometriosis – and any estrogen-dominant hormonal health issue
- Although we often reach for a drink because we want it to make us feel happy or sexy, alcohol is actually a depressant. Drinking alcohol drains the adrenals and makes you feel more tired and down.
- Alcohol disrupts your blood sugar function – so if you’re dealing with blood sugar imbalance as a part of your hormonal health issues, and many women are, this is something to be aware of. Often we will find ourselves making unhealthy food choices when we drink and the day after, which further exacerbates the problem.
But this post is not about that! This post is about me telling you how amazing it is to make your own delicious cocktails at home where you can control the ingredients and use the best of the best. That’s what happened when I made these Sparkling Strawberry Jalapeno Margaritas.
Strawberry Jalapeno Margaritas
Sparkling Strawberry Jalapeno Margaritas
- 1.5 oz Clear Tequila
- 1 oz Orange Liquer
- 1 tbsp Agave
- ½ Lime Juiced
- 3 Strawberries chopped
- 1 slice Jalapeno
- 2 oz Plain Sparkling Water
- Add lime juice, strawberries, jalapeno and agave to shaker and muddle together
Add tequila and orange liquer
Shake until well combined
Add 2 oz Sparkling water to drinking glass
Strain Margarita mix into glass
Add sea salt, strawberry and jalapeno slice for garnish