This virgin sangria mocktail packs so much fruity flavor that you won’t miss the real thing. Enjoy on a during the warmer months and customize to fit your tastes.
2018 was the year that I decided to stop drinking. It was never something that was out of control for me, but as I got older I REALLY hated the way any drink made me feel.
Every time I would consume even one alcoholic beverage I would wake up at 1 am like clock work with heart burn and night sweats keeping me awake making me feel like I’ve lived another life before my alarm went off.
Those kinds of feelings really take a toll on the next day!
Since we did the January Whole30 and drinking was out, I decided I wouldn’t have a touch of alcohol unless it was worth ruining the next day. I’m pleased to say that so far there has been no good reason to ruin a perfectly good next day.
I still love the aesthetic of holding a drink in my hand and the crispness of something cold and bubbly. Usually I settle for some kombucha but I’ve been on a mocktail kick which I’m not mad about!
This virgin sangria mocktail is made with pomegranate juice and some simple fruits for a cocktail-like flavor without all the heart burn and fatigue.
What is Sangria?
Sangria is an alcoholic beverage. A punch, the sangria traditionally consists of red wine and chopped fruit, often with other ingredients such as orange juice or brandy.Wikipedia
How to make non alcoholic Sangria:
- For one gallon of sangria mocktail, add 4 cups of pomegranate juice or white grape juice and 10 cups sparkling water (can be orange or lime flavor) to a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Slice up oranges, limes and apples and add to the pitcher or punch bowl.
- Squeeze fresh juice from limes and oranges into mixture.
- Stir together and let chill in fridge for at LEAST 4 hours before serving cold.
Sangria Mocktail Tips:
- Use any fruit flavor of sparkling water for a different taste.
- Add in some fresh mint for a refreshing kick.
- To keep cold and flavor longer, freeze grape or pomegranate juice in cubes and add to pitcher.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice or orange juice in your mocktail.
- Sangria tastes best when chilled in fridge for 24 hours to let all flavors marry together.
Also Check Out:
This virgin sangria mocktail packs so much fruity flavor that you won’t miss the real thing. Enjoy on a hot day and customize to your tastes!
- 4 cups Pomegranate Juice, no sugar added
- 10 cups Sparkling Water or Seltzer
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1 Orange, Juiced
- 1 Oranged, sliced in rounds
- 1 Lime, sliced in rounds
- 1 Red Apple, diced
- 1 Green Apple, diced
- Add all ingredients to a 1 gallon container and stir gently.
- Allow sangria to chill in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve over ice.
- Category: drink, sangria, mocktail, non alcoholic
- Cuisine: drink, sangria, mocktail, non alcoholic, whole30
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Protein: 0
Keywords: sangria mocktail, mocktail sangria recipe, non alcoholic sangria, sangria non alcoholic, sangria without alcohol, non alcoholic spanish sangria, virgan sangria recipe, alcohol free sangria recipe, whole30 sangria, whole30 mocktail
Thyme and JOY is a parnter with the Whole30 Approved program. For more information about the Whole30 reset and Personal chef services in charleston check out these links: