This easy watermelon lemonade recipe is perfect for summer for hydration and to use up leftover watermelon from your summer parties. No juicer is needed to make this refreshing beverage.
Ever since my obsession with sprinkling sea salt on watermelon, there is rarely a day in my fridge during the summer where I don’t have some watermelon chopped up for snacks.
Problem is, my husband is allergic to watermelon and I almost always refuse to buy pre-cut fruit because it’s too expensive.
Luckily, I learned how to make watermelon lemonade back in our restaurant and juice bar. The best part is, you don’t even NEED a juicer to make this hydrating and refreshing treat.
How To Make Watermelon Juice Without A Juicer:
To make about 4 cups of watermelon juice without a juicer:
- Add 6 cups of cubed watermelon to a blender.
- Blend watermelon until a fully pulverized liquid is formed.
- Using a strainer or nut milk bag strain juice through into a pitcher to remove any pulp or impurities.
- Chill watermelon juice in closed pitcher or mason jars for up to 5 days.
To make lemon juice for watermelon lemonade, you can use a traditional juicer (peel lemon skin off first) or you can use a regular hand held citrus juicer.
How Much Lemon Juice Comes From One Lemon:
- An average sized ripe lemon will produce about 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice and about 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
- The amount of juice that comes from a lemon will vary by the lemon size and ripeness. When picking out a lemon, make sure the lemon is a deep yellow and feels heavy for it’s size.
Do I Need To Sweeten Watermelon Lemonade?
Personally I don’t like to add any additional sweetener to my watermelon lemonade as watermelon by itself is sweet enough for me.
However, most people do prefer their lemonade to have more sweetness. If you would like to sweeten your watermelon lemonade in this recipe, try adding any of these options:
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 5-10 Drops Liquid Stevia
Make sure you taste your lemonade as all sweeteners have a different taste and level of sweetness to them.
Watermelon Alcoholic Drinks:
You can turn your watermelon lemonade into an alcoholic drink or cocktail with these simple changes:
- Spiked Watermelon Lemonade: Add one cup vodka to recipe
- Watermelon Lemonade Margarita: Add one cup tequila and 1/2 cup triple sec to recipe
- Watermelon Mojito: Replace lemon juice with lime juice, add 25 mint leaves and 1 cup white rum to recipe
- Watermelon Lemonade Mocktail: In place of water, add plain or flavored sparkling water to recipe
How To Make Watermelon Lemonade:
- Add cubed watermelon to blender and blend until pulverized.
- Strain pulp out of watermelon juice into a pitcher.
- Add fresh lemon juice, water and one pinch of sea salt.
- Serve cold and store leftover watermelon lemonade in covered pitchers or mason jars for up to 5 days.
Also Check Out:
- 6 cups Fresh Cubed Watermelon
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 2 cups Water
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar or other sweetener
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148
Valerie Skinner is a Whole30 approved personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family.
Thyme and JOY is a parnter with the Whole30 Approved program. For more information about the Whole30 reset and Personal chef services in Charleston check out these links: