The 2018 January Whole 30 is well underway and we’re all getting to the point where the novelty is wearing off. Around this time, its important to kick it up a notch in the kitchen and try new recipes and flavors so we can continue to be excited about what were eating. This Whole30 Barbecue sauce is compliant and delicious on so many things, especially shredded chicken! You *could* go get some store bought Whole30 Barbecue sauce, but this one is cheap to make and gives you at least 2 cups!
Whole30 BBQ Sauce
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 8 oz fire roasted tomatoes canned
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- Add all ingredients into a medium sauce pot and turn heat on medium. Whisk everything together until fully combined.
- Simmer on medium-low heat until tomatoes are cooked through. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce mixture to a high speed blender and blend until a smooth consistency is formed. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Lasts up to two months refrigerated in an airtight container. A perfect chance to re-use an old glass washed sauce bottle!