Thick Cut Air Fryer Bacon
This thick cut air fryer bacon recipe uses the perfect method to get crispy bacon fast and easy using your air fryer. Great for quick breakfasts or any recipes that use bacon. Once you ll try this, you may never be able to cook bacon any other way.
Servings: 2 -3 slices
- 2-3 slices Thick Cut Bacon
Take 2-3 slices of thick-cut bacon and cut them in half with a shiny sharp knife
Place the strips in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket avoiding any overlapping of strips over each other
Then 10 minutes on 375 degrees flipping halfway.
Do take a peek inside the basket to check if anything needs to be re-spaced. Tongs are usually very helpful with that.
Use tongs to remove bacon from the basket and place them on a Paper Towel to blot the extra grease
To prevent your air fryer from smoking:
- Thick cut bacon works best in the air fryer as it doesn’t curl up, spoil its shape and get moved around much by the circulating air
- Never get afraid of opening up the air fryer while it is running to check on things. If the bacon is moving around too much, don’t worry, just use the tongs to place the bacon back in a single layer
- Always remember to drain the grease from the cooked bacon before starting a second batch
- While I use aluminum foil in a lot of my other air fryer recipes for easier clean up, using aluminum foil for air fryer bacon is not recommended.
- If you are buying high quality bacon, you can save the bacon grease leftover in a glass mason jar and as a healthy fat or cooking oil.
- The easiest and productive solution to this problem is to add a little water to the lower pan
- You can also add a piece of bread to the lower pan to soak up the grease
- Sometimes people add rock salt, which we use to make ice cream. The pieces are big enough not to be blown away with the air blowing through your fryer and they will soak up the grease
You can also use a parchment paper to line your fryer basket, as these papers have little holes in them to allow air circulation. There are a few types of parchment papers, made specifically for the air fryers. Check your model for the exact dimensions, as their size may vary.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 56kcal | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 202mg