Air Fryer Frozen Hot Dogs – Who says hot dogs should only be cooked on the grill? Check out this simple way to cook fresh or frozen hot dogs right in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi.
What is the next best thing to a juicy, lightly charred grilled hot dog? A juicy, lightly crisped, air-fried hot dog, of course! I have officially perfected cooking frozen or fresh hot dogs in the air fryer, which is just as delicious as a grilled hot dog.
When accessible, I buy nitrate-free beef hot dogs because regular cured hot dogs are loaded with questionable ingredients. However, cooking both nitrate-free and cured hot dogs in the air fryer results in juicy, mouther-watering dogs that rival any ballpark.
Not to mention, it’s so much easier and quicker and there’s practically no clean-up. The hardest step of this recipe is deciding between mustard or ketchup! 😉
🌭 Ingredients & Equipment
- Hot Dogs: Applegate Natural, Hebrew National, Coleman and Nathan’s all offer delicious uncured all-beef hot dogs.
- Air Fryer: Whichever hot dogs you decide to use should be able to fit in a single-layer in the air fryer basket. The Ninja Foodi is super spacious and is a pressure cooker and air fryer combined.
👉 How to Cook Frozen Hot Dogs In The Air Fryer
1️⃣ Preheat air fryer and prep hot dogs:
Program your air fryer to cook at 350 degrees and preheat for 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, gently score the hot dog down the length of it to allow steam escape.
2️⃣ Thaw frozen hot dogs:
Arrange frozen hot dogs at the bottom of your air fryer basket (it’s okay if they are still frozen solid) and air fry in preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes until they defrost enough to break apart.
3️⃣ Warm and brown hot dogs:
Redistribute the hot dogs, so they are arranged in a single layer in the air fryer basket and continue to cook for 5 to 8 more minutes or until the hot dogs are warmed through and browned to your liking. Serve hot.
⌛ Best Time and Temperature for Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Frozen Hot Dogs: 350F for 7-10 minutes.
Frozen Mini Hot Dogs: 350F for 5-8 minutes.
Fresh Hot Dogs: 350F for 5-8 minutes.
🥖Air Fryer Hot Dog Buns
You can even toast your hot dog buns in the air fryer! Here’s how it’s done:
1️⃣ Preheat your air fryer to 375F. Then, arrange the hot dog buns cut side up and open in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
2️⃣ Air fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until the hot dog buns are warm and the surface is toasted. The time and temperature may vary so keep an eye on the buns to keep them from burning.
♻️ Storing, Freezing & Reheating
Storing: I recommend cooking only as many hot dogs as you need. This recipe is so quick and easy; it’s worth it to enjoy freshly cooked hot dogs. However, if you have extras, they can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Freezing: This method is so quick it’s best to serve the hot dogs fresh from the air fryer. However, if you’d like to freeze uncooked dogs without freezing them into a giant block, freeze them separately on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag.
Reheating: To reheat leftover hotdogs, plop them back in the air fryer at 375 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes or until reheated.
Serve air fryer hot dogs in fresh buns with classic hot dog toppings (ketchup, mustard, relish, etc.). alongside air fryer frozen crinkle-cut fries or sweet potato fries.
You should use your favorite hot dog buns -make sure they are fresh. Ballpark and Martin’s are two of my favorites.
Yes, you can make Polish sausage or bratwurst instead of hot dogs, but you may need to cook them a few minutes longer.
Ye, you can put foil in the air fryer as long as it’s placed between the basket and the bottom of the air fryer so air can still circulate evenly.
More Air Fryer Frozen Meat Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 4-6 Frozen Hot Dogs You can cook as many that will fit in a single-layer in your air fryer basket at a time.
- Program your air fryer to cook at 350 degrees and preheat for 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, gently score each hot dog down the length to allow steam to escape.
- Arrange frozen hot dogs at the bottom of your air fryer basket (it's okay if they are still frozen solid) and air fry in preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes until they defrost enough to break apart.
- Redistribute the hot dogs so they are arranged in a single-layer in the air fryer basket and continue to cook for 5 to 8 more minutes or until the hot dogs are warmed through and browned to your liking. Serve hot.