Looking for an easy way to make turkey wings? Try these Instant Pot Turkey Wings! Learn how to make tender, juicy turkey wings in your instant pot. This recipe is simple, straightforward, and sure to please your guests this Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday.
Turkey is a poultry dish that is typically served during the holiday season. It is usually roasted in an oven, which can take several hours. This can be difficult for many home cooks, as it is easy to overcook or undercook the turkey. However, cooking a turkey in an instant pot is much easier and yields delicious results!
When cooking a turkey wings in a pressure cooker, there is no need to worry about overcooking or undercooking the meat. The instant pot cooks the turkey evenly and quickly, producing a juicy and tender final product. In addition, the instant pot keeps the turkey moist during cooking, which prevents it from drying out.
🦃Ingredients and Tools
- Pressure Cooker – You’ll need an electric pressure cooker to make this recipe. A popular brand is the Instant Pot, but you can use other brands, including the Ninja Foodi, Crockpot Express, or Power Pressure Cooker XL.
- Trivet – Adding this cooking tool to the bottom of the instant pot will help to prevent the turkey breast from sticking to the pot and burning.
- Turkey Wings – You can find turkey wings in the fresh or frozen section of your grocery store, especially during the holidays!
- Olive Oil – Rub cooking oil on the turkey breast to help ensure even cooking and to help the seasonings stick
- Dried Seasonings – A simple mix of salt, pepper, and garlic powder balance and enhance the natural flavors of turkey breast.
- Water – Added to the bottom of the pressure cooker to ensure the turkey stay moist and steams inside the pot.
🍲How To Cook Turkey Wings In The Instant Pot
1️⃣Prepare the turkey wings: Remove the turkey wings from the package and pat dry with paper towels. Rub it with olive oil on all sides, then sprinkle with dried seasonings. We recommend using a combination of salt, pepper, and garlic powder to start.
2️⃣Add the trivet and water: Place the trivet in the bottom of the instant pot, then add water. We recommend using about ½ cup of water.
3️⃣Place the turkey wings in the Instant Pot: Carefully lower them into the instant pot, ensuring that it is not touching the sides or bottom of the pot.
4️⃣Close and seal the instant pot: Close the instant pot lid and ensure the valve is set to sealing.
5️⃣Cook on high pressure: Set the instant pot to cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
6️⃣Natural release: Once the cook time is up, allow the instant pot to do a natural release for 15 minutes. This means that you will not touch the instant pot for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, release any remaining pressure by opening the valve.
7️⃣Crisp the skin: Carefully transfer the turkey to a baking dish and pat the skin dry. Broil on high for about two minutes, or until the skin is crisp and golden brown.
8️⃣Serve: Once the turkey wings have rested, enjoy with your favorite side dishes!
👩🏻🍳Helpful Cooking Tips
- If you are using a frozen turkey wings, be sure to thaw them completely before cooking.
- To keep the skin from sticking to the pot, line the instant pot with foil before adding the turkey wings.
- Season the turkey wings generously with your favorite seasonings.
- For crispy skin, broil the turkey breast for a few minutes after cooking.
- Let the turkey wings rest for five minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a juicier final product.
While a simple seasoning of salt, pepper, and garlic powder is all you really need, feel free to get creative with your seasonings. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Herbes de Provence
- Cajun seasoning
- Smoked paprika
- Italian seasoning
- Curry powder
- Lemon Pepper
- Poultry Seasoning
- Liquid Smoke
🧊Storage & Freezing
Leftover turkey wings can be stored in the fridge for up to four days or in the freezer for up to three months.
If you want to freeze the cooked turkey wings, allow them to cool completely before transferring them to a freezer-safe container.
When you’re ready to enjoy the frozen turkey breast, thaw it in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Can you use frozen turkey wings in the Instant Pot?
This is not recommended as it’s best to be able to pat the skin dry to season it before cooking so the skin can get crisp afterwards. Let the frozen wings thaw overnight for best results.
Do I need to add water to the Instant Pot when cooking turkey wings?
Yes, you will need to add water (or another liquid) to the Instant Pot when cooking turkey wings. This helps to create steam, which in turn helps to cook the turkey breast evenly.
🦃More Holiday Recipes
- Spiced Apple Cider Muffins
- Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash
- Gluten-free Stuffing
- Riced Cauliflower Stuffing
- Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Mini Pecan Pie Tarts
- Gluten-free Peanut Butter Pie
Instant Pot Turkey Wings
- Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- 4 pounds Turkey Wings
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Water
- Remove the turkey wings from the package and pat dry with paper towels. Rub it with olive oil on all sides, then sprinkle with dried seasonings. We recommend using a combination of salt, pepper, and garlic powder to start.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the instant pot, then add water. We recommend using about ½ cup of water.
- Carefully lower it into the instant pot, ensuring that it is not touching the sides or bottom of the pot.
- Close the instant pot lid and ensure the valve is set to sealing.
- Set the instant pot to cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Once the cook time is up, allow the instant pot to do a natural release for 15 minutes. This means that you will not touch the instant pot for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, release any remaining pressure by opening the valve.
- Carefully transfer the turkey to a baking dish and pat the skin dry. Broil on high for about two minutes, or until the skin is crisp and golden brown.
- Let the turkey wings rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!