Air Fryer Frozen Arepas
Looking for a quick and easy way to cook frozen arepas? In just 15 minutes or less, you can have tender, golden brown arepas using your air fryer or Ninja Foodi! Follow these simple steps to make Air Fryer Frozen Arepas.
What’s the best way to cook frozen arepas? While there are many ways to prepare frozen arepas including oven-baking or stove-top cooking, using an air fryer or Ninja Foodi is the best way to ensure the best quality and taste.
Arepas are a type of cornmeal cake that originates from Venezuela. They can be made from different types of cornmeal, and the dough is usually boiled or cooked before being formed into cakes and fried. Arepas can be eaten on their own or filled with various toppings such as cheese, meats, or vegetables.
If you can’t find fresh arepas, frozen ones are just as good, but only if they are cooked or reheated properly.
❤️🔥How To Cook Frozen Arepas In The Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer: Turn the air fryer to 375F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
Add the frozen arepas: Place the frozen arepas in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Air fry until cooked: Set the timer for 15 minutes. At the 6-8 minute mark, flip halfway and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes or until the arepas are cooked on the inside and golden brown on the outside.
👩🏻🍳Air Fryer Frozen Food Cooking Tips
- Every air fryer is different. The time and temperature provided are a good place to start when cooking arepas from frozen. Be sure to adjust for the thickness and size of your food.
- Single-layer only. The air fryer works well because the hot air gets to circulate all around the food. For this reason, the arepas should be placed in a single layer with no overlapping.
- Preheating is important. When cooking frozen foods in the air fryer, preheating is important as it helps start the process of thawing and defrosting so you can enjoy your arepas as quickly as possible!
Can you buy arepas already made?
Yes, arepas can be sold already prepared whether fresh or frozen. Check your international grocery store or local Spanish market for the best options.
How do you defrost frozen arepas?
For this method, the air fryer defrosts arepas while cooking them at the same time! You can defrost arepas overnight in the fridge and reduce the air fryer cooking time by 5 minutes if you prefer.
How do you heat premade arepas?
If your area is already cooked, it only needs about 8 minutes total to reheat in the air fryer. Make sure you flip halfway!
🥨More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Calamari
- Air Fryer Potstickers (Dumplings, Gyoza)
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Soft Pretzels
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Crabcakes
- Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
Air Fryer Frozen Arepas
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 2 Arepas frozen
- Turn the air fryer to 375F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the frozen arepas in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes.
- At the 6-8 minute mark, flip halfway and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes or until the arepas are cooked on the inside and golden brown on the outside.