This Mexican cauliflower rice uses simple ingredients and is cooked in a skillet for an easy side dish. Cauliflower rice is a great low carb, keto, and whole30 alternative to white or brown rice.
I’ve come around a lot to using cauliflower rice. At first I thought it was just bland with a strange texture. Now I realize that cauliflower rice needs FLAVOR to shine.
Cauliflower blessing is its curse in that it will soak up and absorb whatever seasonings you cook it with which is great when cauliflower rice is often used as a potato and rice substitute in low carb and keto diets.
I really love making mexican cauliflower rice because it gives everything a fresh flavor that has few ingredients and can all be cooked in one skillet.
What kind of cauliflower rice can I use?
Although you can buy fresh chopped riced cauliflower or even make it yourself, I prefer cooking with frozen riced cauliflower.
Frozen riced cauliflower is a really inexpensive option and it it comes pre-cooked so all you would need to do is warm it through and add flavor. Perfect for an easy skillet side dish.
Severing Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Mexican cauliflower rice can be used in a variety of mexican food including:
- Alongside tacos or enchiladas
- To use in place of rice instead of burritos
- To make a keto or low carb mexican bowl with chicken or beef
- To add into Mexican tortilla soup
More Ways to Flavor Cauliflower Rice
- Curried cauliflower rice
- Cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- Italian cauliflower rice
- Greek cauliflower rice
- Garlic Parmesan cauliflower rice
- Fried cauliflower rice
More Recipes You’ll Love
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Add in onion and bell pepper and saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables start to become soft but not overcooked.
- Add in cauliflower rice, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper and saute to mix together.
- Saute over medium high heat until rice cauliflower is warmed through.
- Squeeze lime juice over top and stir to combine.
- Garnish with lime wedges and extra cilantro.