This easy recipe for Keto Bloody Mary is the best cocktail for breakfast or brunch. It’s made with simple ingredients and is great for those on low carb or keto diets.
What is a Bloody Mary?
A Bloody Mary is a cocktail containing vodka, tomato juice, and combinations of other spices and flavorings including Worcestershire sauce, hot sauces, garlic, herbs, horseradish, celery, olives, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, lime juice and/or celery salt. Wikipedia
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Unsweetened Tomato Juice: This makes up the tomato base of this cocktail.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: Adds a fresh acidity.
- Worcestershire or Coconut Aminos: Will give this a salty kick of flavor.
- Prepared Horseradish: Adds a beautiful spice.
- Tabasco Sauce: Gives this bloody mary some heat.
- Ground Black Pepper: Perfect to balance out the other spicy flavors.
- Vodka: A classic alcohol thats made for bloody mary’s.
Can I have a Bloody Mary on Keto or Low Carb? Typically tomato juice does contain some carbs, especially if it is sweetened with sugar. If you use unsweetened tomato juice and sauces that don’t contain sugar you can keep it low carb or keto. One serving has about 6-8 net carbs depending on how it’s mixed and how big the serving size is.
What can I use to garnish a Bloody Mary? You can use all kinds of things to garnish this cocktail. Typical garnishes include:
- Pickled Asparagus
What can I use to salt the rim of the glass? Regular salt works just as well as celery salt, old bay seasoning, smoked salt, lemon pepper seasoning or even a regular mix of salt and pepper.
How many calories are in a Bloody Mary? This depends on the ingredients used, however one 8oz serving will usually be about 140 calories.
Are bloody mary’s good for weight loss? While on a weight loss journey, you’ll need to look at your calories. Bloody mary mixes can contain a lot of sugar or calories which is why it may be more beneficial to make this cocktail from scratch.
Enjoy These Healthy Drink Recipes:
- 24 oz Unsweetened Tomato Juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire or Classic Marinade
- 1 tbsp Prepared Horseradish
- 1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 4 shots Vodka
- Add all ingredients to a blender or shaker cup.
- Serve cold and add the skewer garnishes to each cup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 8oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
It is the reader's responsibility to determine the value and quality of any recipe or instructions provided for food preparation and to determine the nutritional value, if any, and safety of the preparation instructions.