Enjoy crispy, delicious falafel without the hassle of deep frying by making this quick and easy recipe for Air Fryer Frozen Falafel. By using your air fryer or Ninja Foodi, you’ll have perfectly cooked falafel to enjoy in any Mediterranean-inspired meal!
Falafel is a traditional Middle Eastern dish made from ground chickpeas or fava beans, mixed with a blend of herbs and spices, and then formed into small balls or patties. These little golden nuggets are then deep-fried to crispy perfection, resulting in a deliciously crunchy exterior with a soft and flavorful interior. While falafel is traditionally served in a pita with veggies and a variety of sauces, it’s also a great addition to salads, wraps, and bowls.
One of the best things about falafel is that you can now find it frozen in most grocery stores, making it a convenient and easy option for busy weeknights or when you’re craving something quick and delicious. Popular frozen falafel brands include Cedar’s Chickpea Falafel, Good and Gather, Afia, Trader Joe’s Falafel, and Casbah Falafel Mix. These brands offer a great alternative to making falafel from scratch, saving you time and effort in the kitchen.
What’s the best way to cook frozen falafel? The answer is in the air fryer! Not only does cooking falafel in the air fryer or Ninja Foodi result in perfectly crispy and golden brown falafel, but it also eliminates the need for deep-frying, making it a healthier option. Plus, air frying frozen falafel is incredibly easy – preheat the air fryer, pop them in the air fryer basket, and cook for 10-12 minutes. It’s that simple!
📖How To Cook Frozen Falafel In Air Fryer
1️⃣Prepare the air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Add frozen falafel to the air fryer basket: Arrange the frozen falafel balls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are not touching each other.
3️⃣Air fry falafel: Cook the falafel balls for 10-12 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time, until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
4️⃣Serve and enjoy: Serve hot with tzatziki sauce, hummus, pita bread, and salad greens if desired. Enjoy!
- Preheat your air fryer before cooking the falafel. This will help ensure that the falafel cook evenly and turn out crispy.
- Flip the falafel over halfway through the cooking time to ensure that both sides are evenly browned and crispy.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket – make sure to leave enough space between the falafel balls so that they don’t steam.
- If you want to add some extra flavor to your falafel, try brushing them with a bit of olive oil before cooking and sprinkling with some additional herbs and spices, such as cumin or paprika.
- How long to cook frozen falafel in air fryer depends on the size and thickness of the falafel. Generally, they will be fully cooked through in 10-12 minutes but may need a few more minutes if they are larger.
🧆Best Ways To Serve Falafel
- In a pita sandwich with veggies and sauce: This is a classic way to enjoy falafel. Fill a pita with falafel balls, sliced veggies such as tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions, and a drizzle of tahini sauce or hummus.
- On top of a salad: Crumble falafel over a bed of greens, then add chopped veggies, olives, feta cheese, and a lemon vinaigrette dressing.
- In a wrap: Use a tortilla or lavash bread to wrap falafel balls with veggies and hummus or tzatziki sauce.
- As a snack: Serve falafel balls with a side of tzatziki sauce, hummus, or tahini sauce for dipping.
- In a Buddha bowl: Add falafel balls to a bowl filled with quinoa or brown rice, roasted veggies, and a drizzle of tahini dressing.
- On a pizza: Use falafel balls as a topping on a pizza crust, along with tomato sauce, veggies, and feta cheese.
- As a side dish: Serve falafel alongside roasted or grilled veggies, rice pilaf, or a Greek salad.
- In a breakfast bowl: Top a bowl of Greek yogurt with falafel, chopped veggies, a soft-boiled egg, and a sprinkle of za’atar seasoning.
🍴More Air Fryer Frozen Foods
- Air Fryer Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
- Air Fryer Frozen Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Air Fryer Frozen Tilapia
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Corn Dogs
Air Fryer Frozen Falafel
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 10 oz Falafel frozen
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the frozen falafel balls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are not touching each other.
- Air fry the falafel balls for 10-12 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time, until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve hot with tzatziki sauce, hummus, pita bread, and salad greens if desired. Enjoy!