Air Fryer Frozen Asparagus
With just a few simple ingredients and less than 15 minutes of cook time, you can have perfectly crispy and flavorful asparagus with the help of your air fryer or Ninja Foodi. Whether you’re cooking for a weeknight dinner or a weekend barbecue, enjoy a nutritious side of Air Fryer Frozen Asparagus!
Can you cook frozen asparagus in an air fryer? Yes, in fact, many frozen foods can be cooked in the air fryer, including vegetables!
This handy kitchen gadget is the perfect way to cook frozen asparagus, giving it a crispy texture and delicious flavor. The air fryer cooks asparagus in a fraction of the time it takes to roast or grill it, making it the perfect choice for busy weeknights when you need a quick and healthy side dish.
You can find frozen asparagus in the frozen vegetable section at most grocery stores, popular brands include Green Giant, Birds Eye, and Cascadian Farm. Frozen asparagus options are convenient and can be stored in your freezer for easy access whenever you need a quick and healthy side dish. Plus, frozen vegetables are often just as nutritious as fresh vegetables since they are flash-frozen at peak ripeness to lock in nutrients.
But the benefits of using an air fryer for frozen asparagus don’t stop there. This method of cooking is also super convenient for those with a busy lifestyle. No need to wait for the oven to preheat or monitor the grill outside – toss the asparagus with your favorite seasoning, pop it in the air fryer, and let it do its thing while you tackle other tasks.
The air fryer is easy to clean and takes up minimal counter space, making it a perfect addition to any kitchen for cooking side dishes and main meals!
📖How To Make Frozen Asparagus In The Air Fryer
1️⃣Prepare the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Season the asparagus: In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the frozen asparagus to the bowl and toss until evenly coated with the seasoning mixture.
3️⃣Air fry frozen asparagus: Place the asparagus in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overlapping. Cook the asparagus in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket every few minutes to ensure even cooking.
4️⃣Check for doneness: Check the asparagus for doneness by piercing with a fork. If they are tender and slightly crispy on the outside, they are done. If they are still too firm, continue cooking for a few more minutes. Serve the asparagus hot as a delicious and healthy side dish and enjoy!
- Preheating the air fryer when cooking frozen foods is important as it helps the frozen food start defrosting and removes moisture more quickly.
- Be sure to shake the basket every few minutes to ensure that the asparagus cooks evenly. This will help prevent some pieces from becoming overcooked while others are still undercooked.
- How long to cook frozen asparagus in air fryer depends on how big the spears are and how many you are cooking at once. When checking for doneness, be sure to test multiple pieces of asparagus to ensure that they are all cooked through. Frozen asparagus may take a little longer to cook than fresh asparagus, so don’t be afraid to add a few extra minutes if needed.
- If you prefer your asparagus to be crispy, increase the temperature to 425°F and cook for a few minutes longer. Just keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn!
- Parmesan: Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the asparagus, along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Garlic: Drizzle the asparagus with melted butter before sprinkling on some minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Curry: For an Indian flair, try coating the asparagus in curry powder mixed with a little olive oil.
- Lemon: Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the asparagus before sprinkling on a pinch of salt and pepper.
🥔More Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
Air Fryer Frozen Asparagus
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 1 lb frozen asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add the frozen asparagus to the bowl and toss until evenly coated with the seasoning mixture.
- Place the asparagus in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overlapping.
- Cook the asparagus in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket every few minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Check the asparagus for doneness by piercing with a fork. If they are tender and slightly crispy on the outside, they are done. If they are still too firm, continue cooking for a few more minutes.