Warm and crispy Air Fryer Frozen Flautas or taquitos are the perfect quick snack or meal! These little rolled tacos can easily be cooked right in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi in just 10 minutes or less! Enjoy them with your favorite toppings!
A flauta is a Mexican dish traditionally consisting of a rolled tortilla that is deep-fried and typically filled with chicken or beef. Flautas are also commonly called taquitos or rolled tacos, even though they are slightly different.
Taquitos are generally smaller than flautas and are usually made with corn tortillas, while flautas are made with flour tortillas. Taquitos are also typically fried until crisp, while flautas are usually baked or grilled until golden brown and crispy.
You can find frozen flautas in the appetizer section of your local grocery store or international market. Popular brands include Goya, La Banderita, and El Monterey.
🌮Why Air Fry Frozen Flautas?
Even though this dish is traditionally fried, there are some great benefits to making cooking frozen flautas in the air fryer!
Air frying is a healthier alternative to deep frying because it uses less oil and produces less grease. Additionally, air fryers cook food more evenly and consistently than traditional ovens, so you’re less likely to end up with burned or dried out flautas.
Want to make flautas homemade from scratch? Try out Air Fryer Flautas using chicken or beef!
📖How To Make Frozen Flautas In Air Fryer
1️⃣Preheat the air fryer: To ensure even cooking, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2️⃣Place the frozen flautas in the air fryer: Place the frozen flautas in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd. If necessary, cook the flautas in batches.
3️⃣Cook for about ten minutes: Air fry frozen flautas for about ten minutes or until golden brown and crispy making sure to flip them halfway.
4️⃣Serve with your favorite toppings: Serve air fryer frozen flautas with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or cheese.
👩🏼🍳Air Fryer Cooking Tips For Frozen Flautas
- If you’re using a smaller air fryer, cook the flautas in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- For extra crispy flautas, spray the flautas with cooking spray before air frying.
- If you want to reheat leftover flautas, air fry them for about three minutes or until warmed through.
- If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, try air fryer black bean flautas.
- For a gluten-free version, use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas.
- You can also purchase frozen flautas with filling that has shredded chicken, ground beef, or even refried beans.
Can you cook frozen taquitos in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen taquitos in an air fryer. Simply preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the frozen taquitos for about ten minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
How long do frozen taquitos or flautas take in air fryer?
This depends on their size. Generally, they will be fully cooked in about 10 minutes if they are flipped halfway.
How do you keep frozen flautas or taquitos from sticking to the air fryer basket?
You may want to lightly spray the frozen flautas with cooking spray before cooking. Additionally, make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket so that the flautas have room to cook evenly.
🥨More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
- Air Fryer Calamari
- Air Fryer Potstickers (Dumplings, Gyoza)
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Soft Pretzels
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Crabcakes
- Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
Air Fryer Frozen Flautas
- 6 Flautas frozen
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the frozen flautas in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd. If necessary, cook the flautas in batches.
- Air fry frozen flautas for about ten minutes or until golden brown and crispy making sure to flip them halfway.
- Remove with tongs. Serve air fryer frozen flautas with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or cheese.