Learn how to make Air Fryer Frozen Steak Fries in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi! The air fryer is a great way to cook steak fries to make them crispy on the outside and tender on the inside in just 15 minutes or less!
🤔What are steak fries?
Steak fries are a type of potato fry that is thicker and longer than regular French fries. They get their name from their steak-like shape and the fact that they are thick and hearty enough to go with a heavy main course like steak.
While you can make homemade steak fries, a quick option is to grab a bag of frozen steak fries from the grocery store. Pop them in your air fryer and cook until golden brown.
The result is a perfectly cooked steak fry that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces like ketchup, sriracha mayo, and habanero ranch dressing, or with your favorite main course!
🍟What You’ll Need
Frozen Steak Fries – These can be found in the frozen section of any grocery store. Popular brands include, Alexia, Ore-Ida, Great Value, McCain, Seasons Choice, Red Robin, and Simply Potatoes.
Tongs – Since the air fryer will heat to 400F, you’ll want to make sure you’re handling the fries with tongs when removing and flipping.
🔥How To Make Frozen Steak Fries In Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer: Turn the air fryer to 400F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
Air fry frozen steak fries: Add the frozen steak fries to the air fryer in a single layer with very little overlapping. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
Flip halfway: At the 8 minute mark, flip or toss the steak fries using tongs to evenly cook. Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the steak fries are golden brown and warmed through on the inside.
Remove and serve: Remove the cooked steak fries from the air fryer and serve with your favorite foods.
👩🏻🍳Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Cooking Tips
- Preheating is important. This allows the air fryer to get up to temperature quickly so the fries defrost and cook within 15 minutes.
- Single layer. Place the fries in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket otherwise they will not cook evenly. You may need to cook in batches for a larger amount of fries.
- Toss or flip halfway. Be sure to toss or flip the fries at the halfway point so they cook evenly on all sides.
- Extra crispy fries. For steak fries that are extra crispy, spray with a light coating of cooking spray before adding to the air fryer basket.
- Best time and temperature. 400F for 15 minutes is a great baseline to start with when cooking french fries in the air fryer. Your individual air fryer plus the size of your fries will determine the right cooking time. Adjust as necessary.
- Reheat french fries in the air fryer. If your french fries are already cooked you can reheat french fries in the air fryer quickly and easily.
✅More Air Fryer Fry Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Steak Fries
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 28 oz Steak Fries frozen
- Turn the air fryer to 400F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the frozen steak fries to the air fryer in a single layer with very little overlapping. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
- At the 8 minute mark, flip or toss the steak fries using tongs to evenly cook.
- Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the steak fries are golden brown and warmed through on the inside.
- Remove the cooked steak fries from the air fryer and serve with your favorite foods.