Learn how to make Air Fryer Frozen Diced Potatoes (Home Fries) in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi! The air fryer is a great way to cook home fries to make them crispy on the outside and tender on the inside in just 15 minutes or less!
The perfect breakfast begins with staples like eggs and diced potatoes. You can certainly make them both fresh, but why not cut down on your cook time by using frozen potatoes? This cooking method will give you the flavor and texture of fresh-cooked potatoes without any of the hassles.
🤔What’s the difference between diced potatoes and home fries?
Diced potatoes are simply potatoes that have been cut into small cubes. Home fries, on the other hand, are diced potatoes that have been sauteed or fried until they’re crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Potatoes O’Brien is a dish made with diced potatoes, onions, and bell peppers.
✅Why is the air fryer the best way to cook frozen home fries?
- Air fryers cook food by circulating hot air around it, which means that your potatoes will cook evenly and come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside unlike cooking them in a skillet.
- No additional oil is needed when cooking frozen diced potatoes in an air fryer, making them a healthier option than traditional home fries.
- They cook fast! This method takes just 15 minutes to cook frozen potatoes in the air fryer from start to finish.
- No babysitting. Just one flip halfway is all you’ll need to cook these potatoes. Let them cook in the air fryer while you get on with your morning.
🥔What You’ll Need
Frozen Diced Potatoes – These can be found in the frozen section of any grocery store. Popular brands include Alexia, Ore-Ida, Great Value, McCain, Seasons Choice, and Curtis.
Tongs – Since the air fryer will heat to 400F, you’ll want to make sure you’re handling the potatoes with tongs when removing and flipping.
🔥How To Make Frozen Diced Potatoes In Air Fryer
1️⃣Preheat the air fryer: Turn the air fryer to 400F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
2️⃣Air fry frozen diced potaoes: Add the frozen diced potatoes to the air fryer in a single layer with very little overlapping. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
3️⃣Flip halfway: At the 8-minute mark, flip or toss the diced potatoes using tongs to evenly cook. Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the steak fries are golden brown and warmed through on the inside.
4️⃣Remove and serve: Remove the cooked diced potatoes from the air fryer and serve with your favorite foods.
👩🏻🍳Air Fryer Home Fries Cooking Tips
- Preheating is important. This allows the air fryer to get up to temperature quickly so the fries defrost and cook within 15 minutes.
- Single-layer. Place the fries in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket otherwise, they will not cook evenly. You may need to cook in batches for a larger amount of fries.
- Toss or flip halfway. Be sure to toss or flip the fries at the halfway point so they cook evenly on all sides.
- Extra crispy fries. For diced potatoes that are extra crispy, spray with a light coating of cooking spray before adding to the air fryer basket.
- Best time and temperature. 400F for 15 minutes is a great baseline to start with when cooking diced potatoes in the air fryer. Your individual air fryer plus the size of your fries will determine the right cooking time. Adjust as necessary.
- Reheat diced potatoes in the air fryer. If your diced potatoes are already cooked you can reheat french fries in the air fryer quickly and easily.
🍟More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Yuca Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Steak Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Crispy Diced Potatoes (Fresh)
Air Fryer Frozen Diced Potatoes
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 32 oz Diced Potatoes frozen
- Turn the air fryer to 400F and preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the frozen diced potatoes to the air fryer in a single layer with very little overlapping. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
- At the 8 minute mark, flip or toss the home fries using tongs to evenly cook.
- Air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the diced potatoes are golden brown and warmed through on the inside.
- Remove the cooked diced potatoes from the air fryer and serve with your favorite foods.