Air Fryer Crinkle Cut Fries
Air Fryer Crinkle Cut Fries. Follow these step-by-step instructions and make perfect hot and crispy frozen crinkle-cut french fries in the air fryer every time!
Everyone has a favorite french fry and for me, it’s crinkle-cut! The edges of the wavy grooves develop the best crunch. Air frying crinkle-cut fries saves you a trip through the drive-thru when you’re having a hot and crispy french fry craving!
The wavy surfaces of crinkle-cut fries are great for scooping ketchup and sauces as well as giving something for added spices and seasonings to cling to.
Making frozen fries in the air fryer is the best way to get those perfectly crispy edges and tender centers without submerging the fries in heavy oil. In fact, you won’t need any oil at all to achieve deep-fried flavor and texture when cooking in the air fryer!
🍟 Ingredients & Equipment
You will need a bag of frozen crinkle-cut french fries such as one of the tasty brands listed below. These instructions also work for frozen crinkle-cut sweet potato fries.
- Ore – Ida
- Great Value (Wal-mart)
- Lamb Weston Fries
- Cascadian Farm
- Market Pantry (Target)
You’ll also obviously need an air fryer. If you do not have an air fryer yet, I definitely recommend checking out the Ninja Foodi.
👉 How To Make Crinkle Cut Fries In The Air Fryer
These easy-to-follow instructions will show you how to make perfect crinkle-cut french fries.
1️⃣ Preheat air fryer:
Program the air fryer to cook at 375 degrees and preheat for 3 to 5 minutes.
2️⃣ Add fries to air fryer:
Dump the bag of frozen french fries into the air fryer basket in a single-layer.
3️⃣ Cook fries:
Cook the french fries until golden brown and crispy (15 minutes), shaking the basket or flipping with tongs every 5 to 7 minutes. For extra crispy fries, cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
Once crisped to your preference, remove from the basket with tongs and enjoy immediately with your favorite dipping sauces.
⌛ Best Time & Temperature for Air Fried Crinkle Fries
Follow this time and temperature guide for air-fried crinkle fries. Keep in mind, all air fryers are different so these are only suggestions:
- Thick Cut Frozen Crinkle Fries – 375F for 16 to 20 minutes
- Regular Frozen Crinkle Fries – 375F for 15 minutes
- Homemade Crinkle Fries (not frozen) – 400F for 18 to 20 minutes
👩🏻🍳 Recipe Tips
- Preheat your air fryer before adding the fries, so they start crisping up immediately.
- You can place foil between the basket and the bottom of the fryer for easier clean-up.
- Make sure you arrange the fries in an even layer in the air fryer basket and do not overfill the basket, so the fries cook through evenly and get crispy. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to work in batches.
- Don’t forget to shake the basket or give the fries a quick toss a few times while they’re cooking, so they cook evenly and do not clump together.
🍔 Variations & Serving Ideas
Seasonings: Fresh from the air fryer, season the hot fries to your liking. Try seasoning fries with Montreal steak seasoning, seasoned salt, Cajuin seasoning, garlic salt, etc.
Dipping Sauces: Crinkle-cut fries are the perfect vessel for tasty sauces like ketchup, thousand island dressing, honey mustard and habernero ranch dressing.
Make it a meal by serving fries with burgers, chicken patties or chicken nuggets -all of which can also be cooked perfectly in the air fryer.
♻️ Storing & Reheating
Storing: Store any leftover fries in a shallow airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 to 5 days.
Reheating: One of the best features of air fryers is the ability to recrisp french fries. Reheat fries at 350 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Lower the temperature if necessary to keep them from overcooking.
For the best crinkle cut fries, they should be air fried for 15 minutes. Thicker cut crinkle cut fries will take 16 to 20 minutes.
Yes, to achieve french fries with firm and crisp edges and soft centers, you should preheat the air fryer first.
You can put aluminum foil in the air fryer. Just be sure to place it under the fryer basket to catch any crumbs and so it doesn’t block any air flow.
No. You do not need to defrost frozen french fries first and you shouldn’t as the fries may become soft and soggy.
More Air Fryer Frozen Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Potstickers
Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
Air Fryer Frozen Hashbrown Patties
Air Fryer Frozen Crabcakes
Air Fryer Crinkle Cut Fries
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 1 bag Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries 16 to 32 ounce bag
- Program the air fryer to cook at 375 degrees and preheat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Dump the bag of frozen french fries into the air fryer basket in a single-layer.
- Cook the french fries until golden brown and crispy (15 minutes), shaking the basket or flipping with tongs every 5 to 7 minutes. For extra crispy fries, cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once crisped to your preference, remove from the basket with tongs and enjoy immediately with your favorite dipping sauces.