How to Reheat Fries in Air Fryer
Have leftover french fries from takeout or a restaurant dinner? Don’t throw away those soggy fries! This method will show you how to reheat fries in the air fryer, so they’re hot, crispy and as good as new!
The days of letting leftover french fries go to waste are behind us! This guide will show you how to reheat leftover fries in an air fryer, making them as yummy as the first time.
Why reheat french fries in the air fryer?
We can agree, reheating leftover french fries in the microwave turns them into a soggy mess. However, you can restore the deep-fried texture and flavor with an air fryer in just a few minutes.
- No added oil. What is coated on the fries from when they were cooked is plenty.
- Fight food waste and keep leftover food out of land fills.
- It’s just as easy as thowing them in the microwave and much quicker than reheating them in the oven.
🍟Ingredients & Equpiment
- Fries: Your leftover french fries should be no more than 24 hours old and you should have enough to cook a single-layer. You can use fries from any fast food chain or restaurant.
- Air Fryer: This conveninet countertop appliances is well worth the investment. They do a fantastic job crisping food without oil and reheating leftovers. I have a Ninja Foodi, which is an air fryer and pressure cooker all in one.
📖 How To Reheat Fries In The Air Fryer
All types of leftover french fries can be reheated in your air fryer, even McDonald’s fries! But since french fries come in many different shapes and sizes, the cooking times and temperatures will vary. These instructions are a good starting point, but be sure to check your fries every few minutes and make sure they are not burning.
1️⃣ Preheat air fryer: Program the temperature of your air fryer to 375F and let it preheat for 3 to 5 minutes.
2️⃣ Add fries: Place the soggy leftover french fries at the bottom of the air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes, shaking the basket or tossing the fries with tongues halfway through.
3️⃣ Finish: Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the fries are crispy and warmed through.
4️⃣ Serve: Carefully remove the fries from the basket with tongs and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
Dipping Sauces for Air Fryer French Fries
🔥 How Long to Reheat Fries in Air Fryer
Soggy precooked french fries will take about 4 to 5 minutes to bounce back to life in the air fryer. Depending on how thick your fries are you may need to add more or less time. Keep an eye on them so they do not overcook.
👩🏻🍳 Chef’s Tips & Variations
- Always preheat your air fryer before reheating leftover fries.The fries will start to recrisp as soon as they make contact with the basket and the centers of each fry will stay soft and warm through.
- For the best crisp, avoid overcrowding your basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer and the amount of fries you have, you may need to work in batches.
- Each air fryer cooks a little different, so be sure to keep an eye on the fries and check on them every 2 minutes.
- Halway through cooking sprinkle fries with seasonings like seasoned salt, Cajun seasoning or garlic salt.
- Do you like your fries EXTRA crispy? Add a couple of minutes of cook time at the end. You can also spray them with cooking oil before reheating for extra crisp.
👉 What to do with Leftover French Fries
Freshly reheated and crispy leftover french fries are perfect for repurposing! Check out these yummy ideas!
Bacon Cheese Fries: Pile reheated fries together, cover with a handful of shredded cheese and return to the air fryer until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cooked crumble bacon and dig in!
Pizza Fries: Pile reheated fries together and pour a layer of pizza sauce over the top, followed by mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Return to the air fryer and let the residual heat melt everything through.
Bake into a Frittata or Breakfast Casserole: Chop reheated fries into bite-size pieces and add to your favorite frittata.
Add to Breakfast Burritos: Wrap crispy fries in large tortillas with fluffy scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, chopped bacon, and sauteed bell pepper and onions.
♻ Storing Reheated French Fries
If you refrigerate fries after being reheated, they’ll be dry and unpleasant. Fries lose their moisture and dry out quickly in the fridge, which is why they should be reheated within 24 hours.
A suitable temperature to start with is 375F for most fries.
All types! Mcdonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, waffle, curly, steak cut. You may need to add more or less time depending on the size fry.
The Ninja Foodi! It’s a pressure cooker and air fryer all in one, so it saves a bunch of countertop space.
To get your leftover fries crispy in the oven, spread them out onto a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes (depending on how thick the fries are ).
Yes, you can reheat Mcdonald’s fries in the air fryer. You can reheat any fast food fry (chic-fil-a, Burger King, Roy Rogers, Arby’s, etc.).
Technically, yes, but they won’t get crispy. The air fryer is the way to go for reheating french fries.
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes
Air Fryer Crinkle Fries
❤️🔥How To Reheat Other Foods In The Air Fryer
How to Reheat Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 1 cup Leftover French Fries previously cooked
- Program the temperature of your air fryer to 375F and let it preheat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the soggy leftover french fries at the bottom of the air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes, shaking the basket or tossing the fries with tongues halfway through.
- Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the fries are crispy and warmed through.
- Carefully remove the fries from the basket with tongs and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!