Air Fryer Impossible Burger
This easy recipe for Air Fryer Impossible Burger is the perfect way to cook your favorite vegan burger patty. Whether fresh or frozen, this vegetarian burger is perfectly cooked in just 15 minutes or less using your air fryer or Ninja Foodi!
More and more people are choosing to eat a plant-based lifestyle as the years go on. In this day and age, there are many delicious alternatives to meat-based foods that taste just as good including burgers!
🌱What is an Impossible burger?
An Impossible burger is a plant-based burger patty that looks, smells, and tastes like real beef. This vegan burger is made with soy protein, coconut oil, potato protein, and heme (a molecule found in plants that gives it a “meaty” flavor).
While there are many was to cook a vegan burger patty, we find that the air fryer does a great job because it can cook the burger all the way through without drying it out.
And, because the air fryer uses dry circulating heat, it cooks in just a fraction of the time without using a ton of electricity or heating up your kitchen!
We like to serve our air fryer burgers on a toasted bun with all the fixings like pickles, onions, ketchup, and mustard. But, feel free to get creative and add your favorite toppings!
Ready to learn how to make an Impossible Burger in the air fryer? Let’s get started!
🍔What You’ll Need
Impossible Burger – You can find this ground “meat” already shaped in burger patty form or in a package similar to loose ground beef. These days, you can find this vegan meat substitute in most grocery stores or at your local health food stores like Whole Foods, Sprouts, or even Trader Joe’s.
Air Fryer – You can use any air fryer you have for this recipe. We enjoy using the Ninja Foodi because it’s reliable and versatile.
Burger Fixin’s – To serve, you’ll need burger buns and your favorite burger toppings including, ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, tomato, etc.
🔥How To Make Impossible Burgers In The Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F. for 3-5 minutes.
Air fry Impossible burger: Place the Impossible Burger patty in the air fryer basket. Set the timer for 12 minutes. Fill halfway and continue to cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until the burger is cooked through and slightly browned on the outside.
Remove and serve: Once the burger is cooked, remove it from the air fryer with a spatula and place it on a toasted bun. Add your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
🧊Air Fryer Frozen Impossible Burger
You can cook your vegan burger patty straight from frozen without thawing or defrosting! Simply place the frozen burger patty in the air fryer basket and cook for 20-22 minutes or until the burger is fully cooked through and browned on the outside.
👩🏻🍳Air Fryer Burger Cooking Tips
- Preheating is important. We always recommend preheating your air fryer for a few minutes before cooking any food. This helps the food cook evenly and prevents it from sticking to the basket.
- If you want a crispy burger, spray the patty with olive oil or avocado oil before air frying.
- Do not overcrowd your air fryer. If you are cooking multiple burgers, cook them in batches or cook in separate air fryers.
- Toast the burger bun in the air fryer. While the burger is cooking, place the burger buns in the air fryer basket and toast for 30-60 seconds. This will help keep them from getting soggy when you add the wet toppings.
- Every air fryer is different. The best time and temperature to cook an impossible burger depends on your individual air fryer. Start with 375F for 15 minutes and adjust as necessary.
🍔More Air Fryer Burger Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Beef Burger Patties
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Salmon Burgers
- Air Fryer Chicken Patties
- Air Fryer White Castle Burgers
- Air Fryer Sausage Patties
- Blackened Salmon Burgers
- Air Fryer Beyond Burger
- Chili Lime Chicken Burgers (Trader Joe’s Copycat)
Air Fryer Impossible Burger
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- 2 Impossible Burgers fresh or frozen
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F. for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the Impossible Burger patty in the air fryer basket. Set the timer for 15 minutes. Fill halfway and continue to cook for an additional 7-8 minutes or until the burger is cooked through and slightly browned on the outside.
- Once the burger is cooked, remove it from the air fryer with a spatula and place it on a toasted bun.
- Add your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
For Frozen Impossible Burgers
- Place the frozen burger patty in the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 20-22 minutes or until the burger is fully cooked through and browned on the outside.