This Mexican breakfast hash is a perfect change up from the regular breakfast routine and is a perfect egg free breakfast for meal prepping throughout the week.
I get that some people can get sick of eggs. I am definitely not one of those people even though this mexican breakfast hash is really good. I can eat eggs with every meal and I also definitely snack on hard boiled eggs on the go. I also really like making frittatas.
This Mexican breakfast hash is unique because it actually uses my 5 ingredient breakfast sausage in it and not just regular seasoned ground meat.
The reason for this is because in order for it to taste a bit like breakfast, it needed that hit of breakfast sausage flavor from some fennel and, you guessed it... Poultry seasoning.
Instead of forming this recipe into patties, I kept it crumbled and added some roasted sweet potatoes and Mexican flavors for a hearty filling breakfast.
Mexican Breakfast Hash
Mexican Breakfast Hash | Egg Free Breakfast
- 1 pound Ground pork
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seed
- 2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 3 Sweet Potatoes large dice
- 2 Poblano peppers small dice
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper minced
- ½ Red Onion small dice
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Dice up sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks and toss with 1 tbsp of oil. Place on sheet pan and bake in oven for about 30-40 minutes tossing half way through until cooked.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground pork, poultry seasoning and fennel and saute for about 5 minutes before adding the peppers, onion, garlic and remaining spices.
- Saute everything together until meat is cooked through and vegetables are soft.
- Add meat mixture on top of roasted sweet potatoes, top with cilantro and lime.